....a slight change of plans

Supreme Cmdr

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

is there an EB exclusivity period again?

Probably not.

quote:

because the EB exclusive made it difficult for other retailers (they're pissed) to stock the product, XP1 is now a full product.

(First post)

Guest Fox__Trot

Well the graphics are very slick and stick that with bcm's greatness of gameplay and multiplayer *Im guessing it will be out before BCG* then we all will be having fun

Just one question is the interface the same or will it be revamped if its new can we get some screen shots? ^^

Guest Remo Williams

It almost looks as if photo116 was taken from inside the nebula, or is the nebula in the background? Anyway very cool shots!

Guest Fox__Trot

So BCG is what used to be called XP-1 or is it also XP-2? oh yes wait for offical announcements still I duno if ill buy BCG until it gets a price drop simply because flashy graphics never intrested me but its that StarStation commander carrer that'll hook me into BCG *Sounded kinda neat although ill want more details *

*Begins to wait it out*

*hums*

*stops waiting it out*

Ok im going to play Subspace back in 20 minutes!

Guest Fox__Trot

The box art for BCG looks great is that the offical box?

In the list of new features

-Persistent server based multiplayer

Is that talking about the Offical 3000ad servers?

-New second galaxy with star systems and planets

You mean the universe gets bigger?

As always nice screen shots

*had to log early and havent seen them all yet*

• 4 weeks later...

quote:

Heh, with new blood effects and weapons (A9 Mag Cannon), it will be much more satisfying.

That makes me wonder.. what kind of weapon is the A9 mag cannon? I mean, a quake 2 bfg-like weapon or a large assault rifle with fast firing rate (vulcan cannon?)?

• 3 weeks later...

quote:

Originally posted by Sebbit:

Cool. The HUD, if anything, would be what I want changed. In screen shots, the HUD was the same, so that is why I assumed it stayed the same.

Yeah, its too cartoony for my taste. But mind you, now everyone is using icons. See Freelancer, E&B etc. Must be a trend or something.

I must say that after playing the excellent IG3 demo, I am dying to go back to that nice, clean interface which I had back in the early days of BC. What do you guys think? i.e. a ship HUD interface nice, clean and similar to Tacops.

The fp HUD will resemble modern day shooters i.e. the only icons will be the weapon displayed on the bottom of the screen. Other items would be similarly grouped there, leaving the main stream nice and clean.

Your right about the 'cartoony' look. I wasnt 100% sure about the new look when I first tried the demo.

IG3 does have a nice look, although the icons for Close, Flee, Attack Device etc.. are not the best in my opinion. But the rest looks good.

Are you considering going back to the 'cockpit' view from the previous version?

It helped for the atmosphere, giving you a 'sense' of being inside the ship.

quote:

Originally posted by Roberto:

Are you considering going back to the 'cockpit' view from the previous version?

It helped for the atmosphere, giving you a 'sense' of being inside the ship.

No. I've already said that I'm not going back to bitmap cockpits because its far too much work for far little benefit. Count the number of crafts in the game and you'll begin to see the picture.

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

I must say that after playing the excellent IG3 demo, I am dying to go back to that nice, clean interface which I had back in the early days of BC. What do you guys think? i.e. a ship HUD interface nice, clean and similar to Tacops.

i love it, Tacops was fast and clean. and i really liked the HUD on IG3. it was off to the sides, out of the way.

only thing it lacked as a way to hide or colapse the menus u didnt need like we can do on the BCM hud, i.e. the fighters, shuttles, missles/mines and CID

but uv always done well by whatever uv picked, so i have faith that ur decisions will be whats best

• 2 weeks later...

quote:

Originally posted by DREADA:

I like the shapes, colours and shades used on stations...gives them a more commercial/civilian look to them rather than typical drab military colours...this I like

Well, thats basically what I told Jason we were shooting for and he, as always, took the ball and ran off with it. We're not like those other folks with cartoonish stations and rainbow colored ships.

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

quote:

Originally posted by DREADA:

I like the shapes, colours and shades used on stations...gives them a more commercial/civilian look to them rather than typical drab military colours...this I like

Well, thats basically what I told Jason we were shooting for and he, as always, took the ball and ran off with it. We're not like those other folks with cartoonish stations and rainbow colored ships.

Or can opener-shaped starships

quote:

After reinstalling BC3K just to take another look at that classic beauty, personally I think a nother futuristic reincarnation of that text-based bridgeview (tacops-style), but without the 20th Century 'pitch ladder' (though okay for fighters) would be ideal for a BCG capital ship.

Did you mean the text box in the Tacops view??

IMO, I loved the original layout of tacops over the new one.....It was way more efficient...

But then again I didn't have a chance to get used to the new tacops system...does anyone else relate with this?