BCG @ E3

Supreme Cmdr

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

Added one more pic to my post above. This one shows me demoing the game to Lloyd Case (if you don't know who he is, you're not geek enough)

Will post them as I get them.

We're all ears here. What was Mr Case' reaction?

I've been hearing "PC games are dying" for almost as long as PC games have been around. It's not going to happen.

Consoles suck, period. I've played consoles since the days you could buy PONG only games to hook up to your TV. In the last few years I bought a Dreamcast and an XBOX, I've played about a total of 8 hours on both of them combined. The games "simply lack ANY depth and the controllers blow chunks.

Don't listen to the naysayers, PC games are here to stay. There is plenty of room in the market for both PC and console games. Of course, this is all just my opinion, but as I said before, the "PC games are dead" rant has been going on for ages and they're still here and are TONS better than any console I've touched.

Guest rtoolooze

I have to agree with Grizzle. PC games dead in a couple years? Bull***t. No way. Console games lack depth. Also, multiplayer rules on PC. Too many adult gamers buy PC games for it to die out. Not gonna happen. Plus, what would happen to all the cool MoDS if all we had were console platforms? LONG LIVE THE PC!!!!!

Just my opinion.

quote:

Originally posted by Wolferz:

quote:

Added one more pic to my post above. This one shows me demoing the game to Lloyd Case (if you don't know who he is, you're not geek enough)

Will post them as I get them.

We're all ears here. What was Mr Case' reaction?

Well, it was the same as everyone else. He was impressed. We were at a social gathering the night before and he decided to stop by etc etc. He also said that they were looking into doing new benchmarking programs and whether or not I would be interested in doing one using the BCG engines etc

• 1 month later...

quote:

Originally posted by Vanethian

Bad news... i think the PC will die in few years. I am talking about it as videogames reviewer in Italy. We italian reviewers are practically all sure that consoles will really rule the gaming world in the next years. Piracy on the consoles, also, is nothing, compared to the huge piracy on the PC. It's clear that developers and producers at the end will make games only on the consoles. It's the best way to... well, survive. Games piracy killed the PC.

First thing, donÔÇÖt you know how game consoles are developed? On a PC thatÔÇÖs

how. Do you think that 3dsmax, maya and all the other game development tool creators are going to rewrite and rewrite and rewrite all their software to run on the numerous console

systems (while that particular console lasts that is). Nope too impractical and a massive waste of time and resources not to mention a support nightmare. Without the PC weÔÇÖd still be stuck with console games like PONG. And the only reason why the computer has evolved into the speed demons they are today is because of the PC gamers wanting better and faster computers and then the game developers taking advantage of the new power.

Without this symbiotic relationship we would not have the computing power we have today on the PCÔÇÖs. But like any good relationship you have the proÔÇÖs and conÔÇÖs.

Second, havenÔÇÖt youÔÇÖve been reading look at the Xbox fiasco in http://www.3000ad.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?u...ic;f=7;t=002678.. No, well do so.

I hate to tell you since the Playstation 1 the consoles have been hacked to play copied or pirated games either with a mod chip as with the Playstation 1 or a hacked software boot CD to bypass the consoles boot check as was done with the Sega Dreamcast. If we abide by your vision of the future and the PCÔÇÖs do die, donÔÇÖt you think that the best of the best PC hackers will turn their attention and energy into cracking the consoles. I think so. Hackers love nothing better than a difficult challenge especially when itÔÇÖs claimed that ÔÇ£This console canÔÇÖt be hackedÔÇØ and then make the knowledge known to the entire planet. So in the end the game developers are still stuck with the same dilema in which using your logic theyÔÇÖd stop making games then for the GameConsoles as well. So farewell to all games. No I donÔÇÖt think so.

quote:

Originally Posted by RVS

Looks great all around, really looking forward to getting my hands on a copy ASAP!!

I am rather disturbed, however--it would seem that PC games are now officially 'dying'...?

Not that I have anything against consoles, but if I play one more 'port' without mouse control I think I will scream.

Yea I hear ya on that PC game console crap. See whatÔÇÖs happening is that the games

That are being developed as of late are being created with the console in mind first

and the PC second. Since console games are developed using the PC porting the game to a PC is a benefit to the game developer as to target that market but instead of going thru the trouble of redoing the Key/mouse input for the PC gamer they just chuck the game out the door and let the PC gamer deal with how heÔÇÖs going the be able to deal with it. Hopefully, the $150-$400 consoles will kill themselves by coming out with new versions of itself over and over again to the point where people will just say ÔÇ£What am I f***ing crazy spending this kind of money over and over again I could have a PC for a lot longer and the PC is more versitile.ÔÇØ

Original post by Supreme Commander

quote:

Well, it was the same as everyone else. He was impressed. We were at a social gathering the night before and he decided to stop by etc etc. He also said that they were looking into doing new benchmarking programs and whether or not I would be interested in doing one using the BCG engines etc

The best of luck to you with BCG. Jascatar left a message saying the picture links don't work well I dunno about him but the links worked fine for me.

quote:

Originally posted by LostInSpace:

Jascatar left a message saying the picture links don't work well I dunno about him but the links worked fine for me.

If you looked at the post, you will see that I edited it to correct the links.

quote:

quote:

Originally posted by LostInSpace:

Jascatar left a message saying the picture links don't work well I dunno about him but the links worked fine for me.

If you looked at the post, you will see that I edited it to correct the links.

DOH! Never mind then .