Universal Combat - A World Apart Announced

Supreme Cmdr

Guest KagiBee

1.Will be there any "Gold" version (like BCM),including both "UC" and "UC A World Apart"?

2.Any ideas about publishing this addon in Russia?

Akella gonna release russian version of original UC in next 3 month.May be they do the same to this

addon?

Guest KagiBee

One of AKELLA's people told me so.

I have a long e-mail mess with AKELLA about BCM

patches (they refuse to adapt them to Russian Version).

They also say, that the official announce of russian UC will be on AKELLA.com before new year.

1 more question.

There will be no TechSupp from 3000AD for owners of russian UC (if it will be publish), like it was with BCM?

There is no tech support for unauthorized localizations of my games. As you already know, Akella illegally hacked into some of the BCM Gold game files in order to do their own localization. Of course, they botched it; which is why none of the patches will work.

And since Akella did that, I have since added code to the UC patches which will uninstall the game and delete the files if they have been tampered with in any way, shape or form.

Since nobody has asked me about localizing UC for Russia, I suspect that they may try to do the same with UC. If they do, they'll get sued under the DMCA. In fact, I'm not even going to say anything further (to them or Dreamcatcher) about this since I have already made Dreamcatcher aware of the BCM Gold issue who have assured me that this will not happen again.

Guest KagiBee

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

There is no tech support for unauthorized localizations of my games.

That's why I (and probably many others russian Battlecruiser fans) asking about some kind of "Gold" version (incl. original UC and addon).

It's no problem to order UC box in Russia, but it will be cost (with delivery) about 100$ (that's about a half of my month fee, you know).And purchasing of addon will be another 100$.

So, SC, if You tell, that there will be NOT original UC & addon in 1 box, I order my UC copy

today, if it possible, I'll be waiting for "Gold" release.

No you see why I didn't bother responding. Its not only mentioned in the Homelan interview, it is mentioned in the Avault news piece linked to in the FIRST post in this thread.

And I don't see it happening until sometime in late (maybe around Q4) 2005 or maybe even early 2006; since there will already be two UC titles in 2005.

• 1 month later...

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

Yeah, don't worry; I've got it covered. No need to panic.

This is what I needed to hear.....thanks BOSS.

If I could only collect all the sweat I drop when reading that I'll surely fill up a bucket.....

• 4 weeks later...

Howdy all,

I don't usually post much in the forum but I just couldn't help myself this time. SC, can you and your remarkable dev team come up with any more software to keep me up all night, get lost in another world, lose lots of weight? I am bustin a gut here waiting for UCAWA. I've been a customer of 3000AD ever since the Take-Two days. This just keeps getting better. Because of the supprt and attention to detail, I get MORE than what I pay for.

Great job!

Gary Wheat, CMDR

GCV Sojourner