Universal Combat - A World Apart, the race to gold

Supreme Cmdr

Guest Hellbinder[CE]

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

UCAWA is officially Gold!

aaah. the Joys of the finished product and the end of "crunch time".

So.. are you off on a vacation to the Virgin Islands or something for a few days???

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

Originally posted by Remo Williams:

Am I the only nut case here camping the
BMT Micro
order page waiting for the link to go live with a credit card clutched in my fist about to overdose on coffee.

hehe, there will be an announcement when it (and the other sites) go live.

quote:

Am I the only nut case here...

Are you calling me a nut case?

Well, I even checked timezones, just to know the possible "update time" of the pages...

quote:

... with a credit card clutched in my fist about to overdose on coffee.

Mine is hidden under my keyboard, my hands started sweating and I lost the grip...

I just set this page as starting web page when I open my browser.

Now, who's the "nuttest"?

Absolutely fanfreakintabulous!!! This has got to be the best news in awhile for me. I too am waiting breathlessly by the link with card gripped so firmly it has become part of my palm. Also a good chance that I will get both versions. Dammit it's good to be alive!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Just a quick FYI.

There are some [legal] issues going on with Dreamcatcher atm, thats why you have not seen a Gold announcement from them. I won't go into details at this time; but expect something (by way of a press release) from me in a few days.

However, problems on their end don't affect our (3000AD Inc) release of the game. I have just been waiting so that our release coincides with theirs; though I am not contractually required to wait for them to release their boxed retail versions.

As far as we are concerned; the BMT Micro and Trymedia sites are ready to roll and just awaiting the word from me. Other sites (e.g. IGN's Direct2Drive) have also expressed an interest; and if that works out, the games will be available there as well.

The UC to UCAWA add-on is 335MB.

The UCAWA full version (which we also have download rights to) is 635MB. I am undecided as to whether to release this version as well or not. Until I decide, we will only be making the add-on version available. Which means that if you wanted the full version, you have to wait for the Dreamcatcher boxed retail release.

Nevetheless, UCAWA will be available (at least from us) in May, as previously scheduled.

We also have a couple of new projects to announce this week. Two of which are shipping in 2005, one in 2006 and another in 2007.

[ 05-08-2005, 10:49 AM: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]

Guest Hellbinder[CE]

Gosh..

i havent made a post that could get me into troubble for a while so..

Since the Dreamcatcher situation has terminated. Will you be releasing the Full game for Digital Download now? (pleaaaaase with surgar on top) had to recently Format my Pc and discovered my origional CD was cracked.

This is one of the games i am really looking forward to. (needless to say)

Actually, contrary to what I posted last night, only the full UCAWA version will now be available for retail or e-commerce purchase.

With UCG coming in July, it doesn't make any sense in wasting resources on the add-on version.

So, UCAWA and UC will now install independently; as will UCG.

Good to know.

Any prevision on when the boxed version will hit the shelves here in Europe/Italy?

With the problems gone with DC now it would became smoother....

quote:

Actually, contrary to what I posted last night, only the full UCAWA version will now be available for retail or e-commerce purchase.

Does this mean the full version will not convert the UC ACM/IA scenarios for use with UCAWA?

I'm really liking the new engine. I've been playing the demo so much, I'm starting to think that protecting the New Yorker is my primary goal in life.

quote:

Originally posted by Spindoktor:

quote:

Does this mean the full version will not convert the UC ACM/IA scenarios for use with UCAWA?

Thats right. But I have something else planned for later down the road.

Guest Hellbinder[CE]

btw..

What the heck did they do this time? Hopefullly you can fill us in on it since the ties apparently have been completely severed now.

quote:

Originally posted by Ben Zwycky:

UCG is like UC AWA lite- look at the system requirements.

Not even close.

There is a product description PDF on the product page for each title. You folks might want to actually read it.