Universal Combat - A World Apart, the race to gold

Supreme Cmdr

Ahh.. Improved Graphics and Naval Assets.. sorry I missed that one.

I noticed that you said that UC, UCG & UC AWA will all be seperate installs. Would it be possible to manually move a saved game from UC to UCG and/or UC AWA, or will all 3 be on different formats?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What you need to do SC is allow people to pay $5 to add their e-mail address to a list of people to e-mail when your games are available for download. That way they when they are sitting in a business meeting and they get an e-mail on their phone that the game is released, they can say they have a family medical emergency, leave the meeting, and take the rest of the day off so they can go home and download the game, playing it through the night (taking breaks only for the occasional nutripack and bathroom break), until sometime later they look at the clock and realize that they are late for work....

• 3 weeks later...
Guest giulianross

SC, sorry for my questions, but im very ansious about UCAWA:

1- is there a definitive date for the release of UCAWA? everyday i look at your site but i cant find anything...i remember 24 of may, but nothing happened

2- when released, from where i can download it?

from download section? sales? registered page?

thank u for your help

Well...my systems limited for what it can do (TX to video)...in process to upgrade video, but for now I have the Intel stuff to deal with (in other posts for UC...can't OTS or do a thing with bases now)

I'll say this though..my systems only about a year 'n a half old now 'out of the box', and I don't know much about all the versions for SC's simulations either...

Derek HAS supported these beyond what anyone else had for a game/program/simulation. To me, that shows comittment to me, though I am only a loyal UC fan though, anything made by SC....you can count on it being in MY collection ASAP folks.

(even if I download it...when I got the $ to do it (IE FRAG Dreamcatcher and any others)...when I can I'll ask SC personally on it for an official copy. (thats my personal measure of respect to Derek...he fraggin EARNED it with what he and the ones testing helped him withc there)

[ 06-13-2005, 07:24 AM: Message edited by: Shadow5731 ]

When it goes online, there will be a notice posted everywhere.

Several e-commerce partners (e.g. Trymedia) have special DRM software that needs integrating and testing. Since there is no SafeDisc retail type CD-ROM delivery, I have to implement a copy protection scheme (Starforce ProActive) which works with/without CD-ROM media.

I have no intentions of releasing the game on one site (that does not require an e-commerce DRM e.g. BMT Micro) while the other sites aren't ready. Thats just not going to happen.

Had this crap with Dreamcatcher not happened, the boxed version would have been on the shelves since May. But since there probably won't be a US retail boxed release (since I have no intentions of pissing around with that; unless someone gives me more money than I know what to do with), I have to ensure that all the e-commerce sites are happy. Releasing it to one before the others, is not a way to stay in business. I still remember that whole EB exclusive over BCM.

Until then, all everyone has to do is wait.

Its ready when its ready. Right now, it ain't ready.

[ 06-13-2005, 08:21 AM: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

Its ready when its ready. Right now, it ain't ready.

Ah, it's been far too long since you last said that

And to think, I went and got that fancy new job just so I could afford the game. Can't wait until he releases it, so I can become another unemployed game addicted fool again.

Errr...... well maybe I will just be addicted. I have gotten to like having money available for stuff I want to buy or do.