Universal Combat : A World Apart - NOW ON SALE!!

Supreme Cmdr

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, for you anal types, I have just given an order to the Canadian company that did the manuals for BCMG and UC, to do manuals (in the same format) for UCAWA. In fact, the sales guy there used for work for Dreamcatcher and was one of those laid off when Brian Gladman (my producer there) was also laid off.

Those manuals aren't cheap, but I'm not doing this to make money, I'm just printing them so that those who want a printed manual (since there have been a LOT of revisions to the original UC manual) can have the option of either purchasing a printed manual or giving more money to Kinkos or to the vendor of their printer (cartridges aren't cheap).

I expect that each manual will sell for less than $10 and will include the 3ply keyboard sheet and map on reverse side.

btw, does anyone remember those huge wall poster sized galaxy maps we did back when BCM was released? If there is any interest for those (to the newbs around here), I can have those done as well and offer them for sale.

quote:

btw, does anyone remember those huge wall poster sized galaxy maps we did back when BCM was released? If there is any interest for those (to the newbs around here), I can have those done as well and offer them for sale.

Speaking as anal type (I prefer the term perfectionist), I'd definitely be interested.

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

The activation would have been deactivated by then. I intend to deactivate it when the game reaches its EOL. I mean, I release my games for free after a few years of release, don't I?

then its settled for me, ill get it next paycheck. would other games have the same deal? cause id hate to say DL Civ3 and when like Civ6 comes out, i cant play Civ3 anymore (yes i still play Civ2) cause i cant auth the game

I've printed the one from UC on glossy photo paper and it looks excellent. Not large but much clearer than standard paper.

Not saying that I wouldn't want a map and manual, no, no. Sheesh, almost didn't get to edit this in time. Didn't want anyone to think I was voting against those extras. Definitely willing to pay. Any of us hard core types would.

quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Republic Knight:

Is the printed UCAWA manual A5 size?

Its the same size as the UC manual.

Well,then I think I have another reason to use my credit card..

GOD!this month is insane!place the order to UCAWA,UCG,and Lock On:Flaming Cliffs.

I can feel my credit card burning~

quote:

Originally posted by sckid1108:

Been away from UC for awhile and it seems like a good time to get back into it with the release of a new title !

Heh, me too. Just waiting for the "digital distribution to start"

Would also be interested in a printed manual and map.

Hi Derek,

I've been gone a while from the BC scene, I thought to try out the new demo (ucwa demo3) and it keeps on crashing at start. Some D3D error says the m$-log.

I run GF4 & nv80.40 drivers on a dual P3 running XP SP2. If you want I can send the debug log.

I hope to run the demo and buy the game.

Greetings, 2bombs

[ 08-10-2005, 12:18 PM: Message edited by: twobombs ]

quote:

Originally posted by twobombs:

Hi Derek,

I've been gone a while from the BC scene, I thought to try out the new demo (ucwa demo3) and it keeps on crashing at start. Some D3D error says the m$-log.

I run GF4 & nv80.40 drivers on a dual P3 running XP SP2. If you want I can send the debug log.

I hope to run the demo and buy the game.

Greetings, 2bombs

You need to add your system information to your signature. Instructions are in the link below.

Read this

Update: I reinstalled SP2 and now the game starts 1 out of 10, but now I at least saw the game

It might be that i see the crashed because my dx9c is a debug version... the windows is a pretty clean install and haven't noticed crashes so far, but nvidia 80.40 might also have something to do with it

The sim looks awesome, even though my rig sometimes has a rough time with the 1st person view. Space stuff has really improved since BCM !

Ps: please open the tech section for UCAWA ?

ordered... just hope it will run with the new rig im going to order next month...

now back to getting BCM gold to work on this rig...

edit: ordered UC gold too... hehehe

quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Matchoo:

You need to add your system information to your signature.

He doesn't. He's not asking for tech support on a released game.

Sorry, my mistake. Didn't realize that it was only required for released games.

The layout of the printed manual and keyboard sheet are done and off to print next week. They should be available for purchase around the end of this month for those who want them. The orders page should be going up shortly.

The format and size is the same as in UC. The price is $9.99 + $6 shipping and handling anywhere in the world. This package contains both the manual and keyboard sheet for this price.

There were a LOT of changes to the original UC print manual and which were detailed in the manual revisions PDF file included in the patches. These, including all revisions which are unique to UCAWA, are in the new manual and keyboard sheet.