Universal Combat : A World Apart - NOW ON SALE!!

Supreme Cmdr

Ordered and paid for on the 4th. of August. Still no game?

I trust that this is due to the massive demand for the game.

I have been cooling my heels.... but I think I'm beginning to see some symptoms of frostbite forming.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The manual and keyboard sheet have gone to press.

If you previously ordered the game before the decision was made to make print manuals available, you can order it using this link.

You can see a preview of the front/back/inside cover of the manual over here.

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

The layout of the printed manual and keyboard sheet are done and off to print next week. They should be available for purchase around the end of this month for those who want them. The orders page should be going up shortly.

The format and size is the same as in UC. The price is $9.99 + $6 shipping and handling anywhere in the world. This package contains both the manual and keyboard sheet for this price.

There were a LOT of changes to the original UC print manual and which were detailed in the manual revisions PDF file included in the patches. These, including all revisions which are unique to UCAWA, are in the new manual and keyboard sheet.

I had multiple session time outs then an exception when I tried to order

quote:

type Exception report

description The server encountered an internal error () that prevented it from fulfilling this request.

exception

javax.servlet.ServletException: Servlet execution threw an exception

root cause

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/bmtmicro/orders/CardProcessor

com.bmtmicro.orders.OrderProcessor.processOrder(OrderProcessor.java:762)

com.bmtmicro.orders.OrderProcessor.doPost(OrderProcessor.java:113)

javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:709)

javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:802)

note The full stack trace of the root cause is available in the Apache Tomcat/5.5.9 logs.

Guess I have to wait a couple of days and try again.

quote:

If you have shipping questions, please do NOT post them here. BMT Micro has a customer service phone number and email. Use either one.

Darn, the title of this forum topic is " Universal Combat A World Apart - NOW ON SALE"

Excuse me.... please read YOUR initial post under THIS topic. Ample references about game shipment.

I'm curious, has anybody received the game yet? Have they began shipment of any copies?

quote:

Originally posted by Boyd:

quote:

If you have shipping questions, please do NOT post them here. BMT Micro has a customer service phone number and email. Use either one.

Darn, the title of this forum topic is " Universal Combat A World Apart - NOW ON SALE"

Excuse me.... please read YOUR initial post under THIS topic. Ample references about game shipment.

I'm curious, has anybody received the game yet? Have they began shipment of any copies?

3000AD is NOT the entity shipping the game, is it? Common sense SHOULD dictate that IF you have an issue with your shipping, that you contact the entity you ORDERED from.

And yes, a bunch of people already sent me email that they've receive the game etc etc. Then again, they probably ordered express delivery. Dunno.

I know you don't control their shipping. I "have" contacted them. I've received no reply yet. I was just curious if others were having such experiances.

One shouldn't expect to be put down, or have ones "common sense" impuned for simply indicating a possible game shipment problem.

Please excuse me. I will simply wait.

quote:

Originally posted by Boyd:

One shouldn't expect to be put down, or have ones "common sense" impuned for simply indicating a possible game shipment problem.

Nobody put you down.

How EXACTLY does this post equate to you being put down?

This thread wasn't created for your - pointless - whining pleasure. If you have such fragile feelings, then simple - DON'T POST ON THIS BOARD!!! This is not your goddamn living room or backyard.

quote:

Please excuse me. I will simply wait.

Good idea.

quote:

Originally posted by Pugwash:

Although the order looked like it failed to process correctly I received an e-mail conformation for the manual and keyboard sheet order time stamped 19:36

so every things ok

Got this from BMT today

Hi Derek,

This happens when an order is coming through at the same time we reboot the server. We were doing a lot of updating over the last few days, so the chances of this happening were greater than normal. Our system stacks the orders and completes them after the reboot, but the customer sometimes get the errors since the next step cannot be loaded yet.

quote:

Originally posted by almostpilot:

Please, any (new) prevision about online sales from download sites ?

Nope. They're on their own schedule. They already have the game. I'm sure they have other games stacked and ready to go online, so ours is hardly a priority.

quote:

Originally posted by Andergum:

I didn't get to play too much, but what I did see was drool worthy.

The visuals have really been pumped up!!!

....oh oh, now that my oldest guys are getting their hands on the final version, I think I'll go on vacation because the first impressions are sure to cause me sleepless nights.

In my defense - and as a pre-emptive strike - everyone needs to read section 1.1 of the manual.

Argh! This day has been one of the toughest in a long time! Let me explain:

This morning at girl's apartment without internet: wakey wakey! YES! It's monday, UC:AWA should be available from Trymedia today!

Is she gone? Yep, she's off to work alright. Good, then I can get out of here early without being noticed (hey you always have to prevent getting called back to do housekeeping stuff, for example).

Jump into car, drive home, almost killing some elderly people in the process (well, I never agreed upon those white stripes on the road pedestrians use to cross streets on).

At home. Check whereabouts of other family members. Oh! Lucky day; all gone.

Jump inside house. Try to reach power button of computer. No use; dog won't let my jeans go.

Forced to get cookie for dog first. Run to computer, turn computer on.

www.3000ad.com...

(crappy broadband)

pling! Wha? No news... Oh well, maybe the webmaster had too many beers yesterday and isn't on duty yet.

www.trygames.com

pling!

(broadband works again! yay! good for download!)

Need time to process information shown...

No... No Univ... No UC:AWA?!

Check back on 3000ad forums. No notification.

Then the intense pain started. The urge, the drive to keep checking the two websites.

(Sorry if I ate too much bandwidth, SC )

And now... now it's almost bedtime.

Shall I check one more time...?

No. Resist. It's not here.

Reeesist... re...

I already thought everything went a bit too smooth today getting to a pc with an internet connection. *sigh*

Seriously though I hope I can drive the new shiny vessels shortly, SC!