Universal Combat Shipping

Supreme Cmdr

quote:

Originally posted by cpaek:

Well, just wanted all of you to know that UC shipped from EB today. Should be on store shelves tomorrow if now already. I hope all of this with DC gets sorted out, but it doesn't look good since it's now out. SC, I hope you get what you deserve, because I know you put a lot of hard work into it. Take care.

CPAEK

Yeah, we've been getting reports of that. This has nothing to do with the court case. DC told the court that the game won't be shipping until 02-07, which was probably just another lie in order to get the game shipping before the judge made a decision.

The case for an injunction was heard today and the judge heard both sides. At the end of the court day, he said that he would make his decision in the morning.

If the some orders do ship, and an injunction is granted, DC will have to notify the retailers not to ship the game. Its their liability, not mine.

But if the injunction (against shipping it at $19.99) is denied, then I have no choice but to proceed with the damage part of my claim, since it would now be after the fact.

Neither of the above situations bodes well for those who get the game early and end up being caught in the middle.

But make no mistake, we're going to fight this to the very end.

I might be misunderstanding you SC, but are you saying that we shouldn't get the UC thats out right now?

EDIT:

Nasty trick releasing a game that ahead of the proposed release date, are you suppost to be the one who decides?

quote:

Originally posted by Kalshion:

I might be misunderstanding you SC, but are you saying that we shouldn't get the UC thats out right now?

Didn't I already answer this question lots of times already?

DO WHAT YOU WANT. IT'S YOUR MONEY

quote:

Originally posted by Remo Williams:

I for one canceled my order and have no intention of buying UC until this mess that dreamcatcher created is resolved.

EXACTLY

I just wanted to be clear that anyone who ends up with the game at $19.99, will not be penalized by us in ANY way, shape or form. This is not your fault and I understand that. We will support the game with the best of our abilities and with what resources we have.

Just remember, if it wasn't for me, you'd have an INCOMPLETE and terribly buggy game right now, even at $19.99. Remember that.

Obviously given the circumstances and the lack of income derived from this game, we won't be able to put as much effort into support as we normally would. Now we have to look to focusing on our other properties for future income.

I have updated the VCF and FAQ files on the downloads page. They contain everything you need.

The product registration DB has been temporarily taken offline, so don't bother registering.

Further, we are no longer accepting new registrations on the board. If you were a fan of our games prior, you should already be registered to post here. If you need tech support, please turn to p94 of the manual. Go there.

While I do think that UC still has a lot of rough edges (and even though I don't agree on quite a few design decisions you made) the price change is ridiculous. Talking about quality, there are a lot of cases of totally crappy games being sold at a "regular" retail price, so I hope the judges don't give in to any brainwashing from your publisher.

Best of luck to you. I know that most of the $100 I spent went into shipping and DC, but still...

Oh and no sign of UC being advertised anywhere here in or around Austria, it's not even listed as upcoming title most by most retailers.

OT, I couldn't agree more with you on Painkiller. But then again, what do you expect from an industry where something like CS is still one of the most popular things?

Well, I finally received it as well and I have to say that I love it. Huge jump in quality from the BCM. Thank you SC for a job well done.

Hope everything works out so that we can get a few patches in to get any remaining bugs squashed. If a system of donations opens up, I will definitely put in my share to get support.

Moved over from a now deleted thread. OK n00bs, please adhere to our rules and regs for topic creation please. Thanks!

quote:

Originally posted by Stahl51:

I received my copy of UC yesterday as delivered from EBgames where I had pre-ordered it several months ago. Be advised I paid and was charged the original price of $39.99 plus shipping.

I haven't had much time since to actually get into the game, but I have done enough to notice the shuttles will not seem to deploy the drones on a planet's surface as they used to. Instead they seem to bob up and down in Search and Destroy mode, never actually landing or deploying the mining drone. When looking at the orders of a deployed shuttle it shows the orders as SAD rather than Deploy Drone.

Shortly after spending an hour or so waiting for my shuttles to deploy the mining drones the game crashed to desktop. I believe the reason to be the darn VIA chipset on my motherboard and not the gae itself, however. Wish I could find the right combination of configuration for this chipset to elliviate such problems, but haven't succeeded yet.

In spite of it all the game looks great and remains one of my favorites which is why I put up with the CTDs and continue to try to play it. I'm not sure about some of the changes yet. I suppose I can get used to the over time. I spent so much time playing BCM I'm sort of stuck in that control frame of mind.

Forgive me if I've overlooked some requirement of the board. This is the first post I've ever made although I view your board at least once a day and have done so for a couple of years or better following the course of the Battlecruiser series. I jusy wanted you to know the copy I received yesterday was bought and paid for at the original price and not at the $19.99 price that is causing all of the controversy at the moment. I feel it to be worth the $39.99 price tag easily and have no qualms about what I paid to get it.

The extra money goes to EB, not me. Call them up, quote the price on their webpage and you will get a $20 refund.

Hey!

I'm new to this forum, but have been checking it for a while. And have played afew of the games and throughly enjoy them.

I pre-ordered UC from Amazon.co.uk a while back as I live in England, and according to them, the release date is the 27th Feb over here, and i'm paying £24.99 for it. Apparently it's being released by Mindscape!?!?

I can't wait to play it, and I have faith that the game will arrive here. Also wanted to say that I hope you kick DC's butt SC, until 2 years ago I was only dreamin of a game like this, and man, you've done it!

Will i get the game in England?

Cya later

Even though I was told last week that it was slated for Feb 11th, I just called a local EB (a few actually) and they do indeed have in here in London, Ontario, Canada for $49.95 CDN. I can only assume EB store employees are mindless robots that are using old price data. This is going to be a problem for EB and their customers if they have to refund the difference and it's all thanks to DC.

Culled from a now deleted thread (was created in the wrong forum).

quote:

Originally posted by Telson Darv:

OK SC. Sorry I was gonna jump on the Abstain from ordering UC as a show of protest against what they did to you, ut then I weakened & ordered it.

Hopefully my copy will arrive next week sometime.

The reasons basically is because I'v enot experienced any of the 3kad games b4, and wanted a taster of what the MMORPG version will be like (hoping that it's still on the cards)

So I'm hoping to play it to get a taste of just what you're capable of & an idea of how incredibly good the MMORPG version will be.

I hope you win & get some compensation for all you hard work. Just so you can go on to complete your other projects without going bust, and then start work on the persistant universe thing asap.

Hi Guys,

For anyone in the UK.. The current situation seems to be that GAME have the release date set for 27 Feb.

However, I've just been on the phone to SPS and they have stock now! I've just asked them to put a copy aside for me and am grabbing me car keys as I type to go pick it up.

I know it ain't long to wait till the 27th. but if anyone is as impatient as me to get their mitts on UC you can get it from these guys;

http://www.sps-systems.co.uk/trolleyed/134/index.htm

tally ho!

My father (who lives very far away from me) ordered me and him both copies of UC because, well they're so cheap for a good game...

He's getting my copy sent to me here at school.

I feel like I let you down SC; At least it wasn't my own money. Boy, I hope DC doesn't reach their target, I'd hate to see 3000AD make UC unsupported. Or worse, stop production of all future BC games....

Oh, and is it still ok to donate? If so, how long? I'd like to make a donation once I get some extra money.