Universal Combat Pre-Orders

Supreme Cmdr

Hi, Im new at this board.

Im playing the BC games for a long time now, first BC 3000 (silver box) and BCMG since its available here in germany. i love these games, realy impressive and long time fun.

I┬┤ve pr-ordered UC three days ago at the german amazon shop www.amazon.de .

I┬┤m realy seeing forward and cann┬┤t wait to hold my copy in my hands.

quote:

Originally posted by Riga:

Yes, that might very well be the problem. Do not have a reply from EBGames though.

I'll just wait and see.

If it fails, I can always try bying off the shelf over here

Great! mine has been cancelled too.

Can't recall anything being cancelled in the past.

update

I'm such a moron. Guess you actually need to read mail and not assume it's just an auto-reply.

[ 11-21-2003, 02:38 AM: Message edited by: Mano Faber ]

• 2 weeks later...

quote:

Originally posted by Riga:

Yes, that might very well be the problem. Do not have a reply from EBGames though.

I'll just wait and see.

If it fails, I can always try bying off the shelf over here

Hmmm, no repsonse either from EBgames ordered it somewhere else. See how it goes.

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

If they don't have a date, it auto-cancels the pre-orders. They are going to be getting a new ship date later this week, as I am
expecting
to go Gold next week.

My eyes!!! My eyes!!! They must be deceiving me again tell me I do read expecting to go Gold next week!! Damn, I really hope I don't need glasses .

FYI I just checked with Amazon.com and they have reduced the pre-order price by 10%. I haven't tried it yet because it's not worth risking over a measly $4 US but I've thought about dropping my order from them and replacing it. hmm..how cheap am I?

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

If they don't have a date, it auto-cancels the pre-orders. They are going to be getting a new ship date later this week, as I am
expecting
to go Gold next week.

So i noticed got two confirmations today. Guess i'm gonna give one to a friend of mine.

[ 12-04-2003, 06:23 PM: Message edited by: Mano Faber ]

Guest drdespair

I just went to pick up BCMG from the UPS distribution center, didn't want to wait until next day delivery, so now I have something to play around with until UC goes gold, as well as some great reading material for my "pauses" at the office .

• 4 months later...

I think I've been in every computer store where I live, but not one store has UC. Today though, I went into a computer store asking my usual question: "Are you going to get UC?". He looks it up on the computer and ask "Do you mean Universal Combat - Edge to edge?".

So the thing is, they had heard about UCE2E but not UC.

How do you explain that?

Anyways, after a bit searching he found it and told me he'd order it and that it'll come in the beginning of next week. I'm crossing my fingers, but I'm kinda starting to loose faith. Maybe I'll just order it from Amazon or something

At least he would order it for you!!, NONE of the local stores here would even consider ordering it for me.(I got the general impression they didnt like Dreamscape, rather than that particular game), I ended up going with a Web order. And will probably order ALL my games from now on, rather than deal with a local who wouldnt even try to satisfy a customer. lol ...oh well.

That's sad for me too.... I've tried avery local store including an EB GAMES store without finding a single copy; when I asked to order none has allowed me to do so......

My only last hope is EB GAMES that even if doesn't allow me to order it will maybe receive some copies....

I've looked to buy my copy online but the expedition costs are higher than the game price itself... ...so no way I'm gonna pay all that euros (bucks) for that....

The only thing I can't understand is how a store that receive regular expeditions will not consider ordering a piece for a customer.....

had that same problem when tracking down BCMG. EBGames wouldnt order it for me, but one day i walked in when the district manager was in. Mentioned ordering it for me and when they said they wouldnt he overrode them, had it in my had in 3 days. gotta love it.