3000AD New Product Announcement

Supreme Cmdr

Posted from GNN

quote:

Well, the new year is upon us and the industry is settling down to the disappointment that was Q4/05 retail video game sales. If nothing else, perhaps this will serve as yet another reminder that this whole Christmas bum rush of products is: Just. Plain. Bad.

Meanwhile, back at the ranch, we've been working on our future projects and are today pleased to also announce a brand new IP and a new title.

Hostile Intent - Planetfall brings our seamlessly integrated technologies to the formidable XBox360 platform.

KnightBlade - Line Of Defense, another XBox360 title, is our brand new from-the-ground-up IP which is not only ground breaking but also continues our trend of developing truly innovative titles.

Yep, you guessed it. We're in the process of a major console sellout. Who knew?!?

We are also in the process of negotiating several deals for the boxed versions of both Universal Combat Gold and Universal Combat - A World Apart, both of which were released late last year for online purchase only. More news when the dust settles.

Plans are also in the works to release Battlecruiser 3000AD - The Last Decade sometime next year. This will be the final BC/UC franchise stream and is a culmination of every scenario from all six games in the series, starting with the very first title, Battlecruiser 3000AD (1996) to Universal Combat - A World Apart (2005). In other words, a huge game. Based on the UCAWA engine, it will also feature several graphics and gameplay tweaks and will mark the final curtain for our legacy franchise as we've come to know it.

Great news all around, a bit sad about the battlecruiser part, but all good things must come to an end...

Are you still going forward with GCO? I take it BCG is now Last Decade?

Also how do you cope with so many projects at the same time, anyway...

I'll be buying/playing all! Can't wait for Knightblade, the concept sounds interesting from what I read before.

Too bad some other space for us PC gamer is eaten out by consoles......but Derek have to think to his firm and if this proves to be a good move, I'll be a happy camper for him even without an X-Box....