Universal Combat CE has gone GOLD!!

Supreme Cmdr

quote:

Originally posted by Spectre:

SC,

You stated that all PC games will have to be obtained through Gametap. I have been combing the local retail stores asking when they were going to have Universal Combat Collectors Edition available (I even tried to pre order the game at local 2B stores with no luck), they were not able to give me any information. I have been dying to get this game as I am a huge fan. When(how) will I be able to get my hands on a copy?

Chompin' at the bit...

(Proud to be an American - Instant Gratification for the least effort possible!)

Since we are self-publishing this one (like with did with BCM back in 2001), we're still working with the production and the retailers etc. Once it hits the streets, I'll post about it here.

Currently, since this is the last in the series, there are no plans to make it a digital distribution release. Of course if this changes, you'll know about it.

Guest Hellbinder[CE]

Derek,

I am about to ask a stupid question so please bear with me. I was reading the info pdf and it says that there are graphics enhancements. Are they new enhancements past the UC:SE that i just bought?

I already own most of those games and am wondering if the graphics and engine enhancements are noticable enough and worth getting over the game i jsut got.

Thank you for your patience.

Those enhancements were carried over from UCSE. You wouldn't notice them in UCCE.

If you have UCSE, unless you want ALL the games in the series and for nostalgia's sake, I can't think of any reason for you to buy UCCE.

Besides, its the last time you'll ever seen space games of this scope again. So that might be an incentive. Dunno. YMMV.

Hi, Protoford. Welcome to Battlecruiser Online!

quote:

Originally posted by Spindoktor:

I'm totally excited about this product, especially in boxed format.

Have you checked out the bonus material?

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

Besides, its the last time you'll ever seen space games of this scope again. So that might be an incentive. Dunno. YMMV.

I'm taking that BCNG is only a whisper now? I know you said it wouldn't be before 2012, but was that the final axe in its skull? Or should we expect something different for BCNG? (Different is good.)

quote:

Check
for more info later today.

quote:

Product Info:

Native DirectX 9 graphics engine with support for shader spec 2.0 (e.g.

geForce FX, Radeon 9600/9700/9800/X800) and with fallbacks for shader

spec 1.3-1.4 (geForce4 Ti, 4200 GO, Radeon 8500, 9000).

WooHoo!!, Fallback shaders, I can play it on my laptop, YES!!!

quote:

The server will see UCCE as UCSE and vice versa;

Nice!! Can we share or swap saved SP games between the two titles?

• 2 weeks later...

quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Frozen Ghost:

The local Fry's carries Battlecruiser 3000 gold

No such title exists.

Did you mean Battlecruiser Millennium Gold?

Yes, of course. My bad.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest yamamushi

so what stores will be selling UCCE? I checked with my local Gamestop and they said that they didn't have it on record. Can we expect Best Buy or the likes to have it for us soon?

quote:

Most likely it will be a digital download. Seems to be the way things have heading, especially considerings SC rough past with conventional publishers.

I thought there was an official blurb on this being published in a box as a send-off for the series. Have those plans changed? I hope not.