Galactic Command - Echo Squad has gone GOLD!!

Supreme Cmdr

We're just awaiting final approval now from Turner's GameTap group before we post an official announcement on GNN. They'll be doing an announcement as well.

I have some amazing shots that will blow minds, but I don't want to post them until the official announcement is made. But, until then, feast your eyes on the ones that Firing Squad should be posting any time now

Now you folks see why I haven't been around as much as I used to. Its been HELL doing this game because it is such a departure from my previous offerings, that I feel like my IQ has taken a serious dip as a result. I've had to unlearn every frigging thing.

Derek Smart and mass market didn't previously mix. Who knew?!?!

Speaking of which. The damn game can be played with an analog gamepad (!) (e.g. Logitech's excellent Dual-Action game pad) and the XB360 controller for Windows fer crissakes.

Hey I have that gamepad.. BTW, do you have a Profile for that Gamepad to use it in the UC series?

Back to the topic, those overhead Cockpit shots are AMAZING, Absolutely love it, reminds me of the rush I felt when playing Wing Commander.

I had actually canceled my GameTap subscription, but will be renewing it SPECIFICALLY for these games. Let me know when it goes live!

Ganked from GNN

quote:

Yep, the first game in our new mass market targeted space/aerial combat action game has gone Gold!! It will be released exclusively via Turner's GameTap service this Summer. If you missed that bit of news, you can grab the press release over on the products page.

It has been a long year but I think the effort has been well worth it; especially when you consider just how many standards (from our niche offerings) had to be breached. Heck, picture this: the entire game can be played using an analog gamepad (!) for e.g. Logitech's excellent Dual-Action or the XB360 Controller for Windows. Now if that's not shocking enough, picture this: An in game, fully viewable, game manual, tutorial and keyboard commands. In under a, uhm, million pages.

Yeah, what the hell, we sold out. The money wasn't bad either; but most importantly, once again we got to develop a game that we wanted to play, not some other 'me too' industry fodder.

Speaking of fodder, that's right, in keeping with our tradition of releasing games in a series until gamers lose track of what's what, there are no less than three episodic titles in the Galactic Command series, currently in development. The second title to be released, Galactic Command - Bravo Team, visions the battle from the viewpoint of a bunch of inept (seriously, its got, like, comedy and everything) planetside marines. With an all new terrain engine (which also uses SpeedTree RT middleware for vegetation) and a plethora of advancements and features, using our advanced AI technologies already seen in our previous games, Bravo Team takes first person squad command to a whole new level. Screen shots and more info coming sometime this Summer. Stay tuned!

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

Yeah, what the hell, we sold out. The money wasn't bad either;

Well now that you've sold out, and have some cash, maybe I can come over there and work for you professionally testing your games.

quote:

Comments? There are comments there now? I better go take a gander. That should be interesting if nuthin' less.

Heh, it's the typical idiot comin' out of the woodwork as per usual. I swear every time I read one of those inane asshats my IQ plummets downwards for a few moments.

quote:

Originally posted by Darkling:

Well you can tell GameTap, that they AIN'T gettin a Dime from me until this game is in the lineup!!!!

Well, you don't have much of a wait because its going online in May/June.

IMO, GameTap is going to be the wave of the future for PC games. But thats just me.

There are LOTS of exciting things happening at and coming to GameTap which go way -way - beyond just the games you already have.

I regard GameTap as the cable (or satelite) service for gaming. Now how is that a bad thing?

Them having exclusive (more to come!!!) properties such as Sam & Max, Galactic Command, Uru Live! etc is again based on the cable/satellite tv model of creating/licensing exclusive content. e.g. where else but HBO will you find the likes of Deadwood?

GameTap, being owned by Turner (yes, the broadcasting powerhouse) already come from that model and I can't see how thats a bad thing.

The only thing that I see hurting GameTap somewhat, is that unless they commission exclusive property, they will always only have already ran games because there is no way in hell publishers are going to put their first run titles on there and compete with themselves. Then again, things may change if they are willing to pay the ludicrous royalties that publishers are asking. I mean, you can now get first run games on Direct2Drive; but thats just only because you can get them at the relatively the same price as going to the store. That would never work on GameTap because it is a sub model.

I for one, if I have to do exclusive GameTap PC games and XBLA (yay!!! they increased the file size cap from 50MB to 250MB!!) only for the console, thats fine by me; as long as I get paid. I don't miss the [retail] publisher song and dance at all.

quote:

The only thing that I see hurting GameTap somewhat, is that unless they commission exclusive property, they will always only have already ran games because there is no way in hell publishers are going to put their first run titles on there and compete with themselves.

Who knows, just like I have Basic Cable, and pay extra for Digital On Demand and the PVR, they might come up with something like "The EA Games Channel" that you have to pay an additional X amount per month, or even special deals like on demand "Video Game Rentals", or a one time payment (say an extra 9.99 to 19.99) for a first run title. Let's face it, when you go the Retail route, how much money is actually going to the developer anyways? D2D has taken this a long way, but a Service like GameTap has the ability to go much further to help smaller developers get their games out. I remember when Cable first came out, in Rhode Island, about 27 or 28 years ago, we had a dish to receive HBO, and for the longest time, HBO didn't want to get in with the Cable Company, but eventually, since they started signing up all the customers and all the other Movie channels like ShowTime and The Movie Channel, HBO finally capitulated and got on with the lineup. Of course, you still had to pay extra, but I remember it worked out to about half of what we were paying when we were getting it via the Dish, I figured that they assumed they would get so many more customers, they could afford to do it for less, which was exactly happened, in the end it was good for the Cable company and good for HBO.

• 3 months later...

ummmmmmmm

1.first off, those screenshots look a little....aged. with amazing graphics now a reality why settle for less. you can just get an xbox 360 or (dare i say) a ps3.

2.with that in mind.... WTF? you now have AMAZING potential to bring the fun of battlecruiser and UE to the console world WITH xbox live. (or MAYBE ps3 online.......) so why not?

3.you guys can say all you want about the 360 and consoles and how the pc can beat the console because even i know that pc is still the choice for these type of games. but i want to see someone break down this barrier and for once see consoles and pcs equally because at least with a console you b uy it... and your done. no upgrading, none of that.

4.Why not do an mmo kind of thing. it would go great on xbox live and pc players could play with 360 and ps3 gamers.

5.dont think im agianst battlecruiser because i love the games but... could ya share the fun with us console gamers please?

it's on GNN (1.26.07 entry)

and in this post

that the Galactic Command - Excalibur series will be purely an XBox 360 release. It has yet to have it's own product info page - my apologies for pointing you in the wrong direction.

• 1 month later...