Night at the Movies : The Last Samurai

Kevin Trotter

I was pissed to see that when my wife and I got the theater ROTK was sold out and I was forced to choose between Last Samuari and Mona lisa Smile.. guess which one WE saw. Not a big Tom Cruise fan but I really enjoyed this film and was pleasently suprised by his performance. Thumbs up

8/10

I was actually shocked by this movie. I thought that Tom Cruise was really going to screw this part up for some reason. I went to the movie, against seeing it. When I got out I was gawking at how good it was. I give this movie an 9/10. The story was superb, the settings believable, the acting first-rate. I definetly recommend this movie. If you liked Braveheart or the like, you'll definetly be liking this.

I'd give it a 1.5. No real gore ala Kill Bill.

Just a few capitation scenes tastefully done almost off camera. Plenty of swords through people but nothing even approaching real gore ie.. flying body parts, exposed body cavities. All in all could have been a pg-13

Yeah, I agree. The gore factor is about a 1.5 (on a scale of 1-5). The only part I found gory was during a slow motion replay of a previous fight scene in the movie. During the fight speed (normal speed) you don't see any blood, but during the slow motion replay you could see it. The movie is excellent. I give it a 10/10 and I have seen it 3 times now.