Disgusted.... info on upcomming 6 million Dollar man movie...

Guest Hellbinder[CE]

Guest Hellbinder[CE]

I have really been looking forward for a long time to a Big budget makover for the Six Million Dollar Man. It has always been my favorite tv series growing up. If the Reruns were still on today i would watch them every day...

Anyway.. They really are finally making a big budget SMDM movie.. except they are imo doing the worst possibe bastardization of it... look at this...

http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/art-main.ht...2/17/11.30.film

quote:

Lee Majors, the original Six Million Dollar Man, told SCI FI Wire that he gives his blessing to an upcoming comedic feature film version of his iconic 1970s TV series, starring Jim Carrey. "I'm very happy about the announcement that Jim Carrey is going to be the Six Million Dollar Man in the movie," Majors said in an interview. "I think he's a great choice."

Majors said that he was favorably impressed with Carrey's performance in the hit fantasy film Bruce Almighty. "It was a real good movie, I thought, and I think this is one where he'll have some flat tires and some of it won't work, he'll short out a little bit," he said. "But I'm sure it will be quite funny."

Majors admitted that he once foresaw himself starring in a movie version of the show. "I always wanted to do the thing myself, when I finished the show, when it went off the air," he said. "What I wanted to do then was do a spoof of it, because I was so tired of doing it for real. ... I wanted to do a comic little TV movie just so everything didn't work." But Universal, which owned the franchise, was reluctant to undercut the show, which was still in syndication, he said, so the idea never materialized.

But Majors may have a chance to lampoon his Steve Austin image a little on UPN's similarly themed SF series Jake 2.0, on which he guest stars as a mysterious former NSA agent who helps out Christopher Gorham's Jake. That episode, "Double Agent," airs Dec. 17 at 9 p.m. ET/PT.

Universal is owned by Vivendi Universal, which also owns SCIFI.COM.

Jim Carrey is signed on to do a Comedy big budget remake of SMDM. Will it likely be Funny? yes.. But in my opinion it is the same as traking Battlecruiser and making a weekely sitcom ala Friends out of it...

Why the Hell Does hollywood do crap like this?

quote:

Originally posted by Hellbinder:

Why the Hell Does hollywood do crap like this?

I've said it time and time again. The hollywood talent gene pool is stagnant. With that, you get some coked up execs and writers dreaming up crazy things like this. And there's no end in sight.

quote:

Originally posted by Hellbinder:

But in my opinion it is the same as traking Battlecruiser and making a weekely sitcom ala Friends out of it...

/mental picture

arrgghhhhhhhh!! Stop joking like that!

hey, but wait-a-minute, Resnig's bumbling adventures could make for a pretty good sitcom I think.

Well, if it were my resnig, we could follow him around in his shuttle, and watch as he picks up and delivers and drops off again, mining drones.

That would not be the most exciting show in the world, but would probably be better then 90% of the crap that's on the boob tube.

This is just so bad. I want to give it a chance, but with all the special effects Hollywood has at it's disposal I was hoping for something better.If a studio had any sense they would see this as a potential franchise that could be a cash cow , instead we get Jim Carrey. Lord love a duck.