The Chronicles Of Riddick

Supreme Cmdr

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

Whoa!! nice. Thanks for the link Bandus.

Hmmmm, special effects look great. I dunno about the story line though. Alot of Dune and Star Wars elements. Acutally, the begining seqence looks alot like dune and so do the costumes. Necromonger could just as well be the Sith from star Wars. Well you get my point. Other than that it looks really good and they got Judy Dench to head off the cast very good choice. I hope my observations of it aren't too Riddickulous (Sorry I had to say it I just couldn't resist that one )

quote:

Originally posted by LostInSpace:

I hope my observations of it aren't too Riddickulous (Sorry I had to say it I just couldn't resist that one )

hehe, actually I tend to agree with you. Those things didn't cross my mind (I guess I was too thrilled to be watching it), but now that you mention them. Hmmmmmm....interesting indeed.

quote:

quote:

Whoa!! nice. Thanks for the link Bandus.

Hmmmm, special effects look great. I dunno about the story line though. Alot of Dune and Star Wars elements. Acutally, the begining seqence looks alot like dune and so do the costumes. Necromonger could just as well be the Sith from star Wars. Well you get my point. Other than that it looks really good and they got Judy Dench to head off the cast very good choice. I hope my observations of it aren't too Riddickulous (Sorry I had to say it I just couldn't resist that one )

i completely agree. i hope it's successful

If the movie becomes successful, maybe they can return to that planet with the aliens in it from pitch black. They said CoR would be more action focused which is cool but I liked it better when it combined horror elements from the first movie.

quote:

...Acutally, the begining seqence...

Egads what was I thinking when I misspelled "Actually". I even proof read the post and I didn't catch it.

quote:

quote:

I hope my observations of it aren't too Riddickulous (Sorry I had to say it I just couldn't resist that one )

hehe, actually I tend to agree with you. Those things didn't cross my mind (I guess I was too thrilled to be watching it), but now that you mention them. Hmmmmmm....interesting indeed.

Hey there's nothing wrong with being enthralled with this movie it does look good. What I have is a curse. I have yet to see something that has not been done before in any shape, form or imitation and I see it in most things that come out and can't help but see the similarities and make comparisons. Not that imitation is a bad thing if it's done good. What I see in this trailer is a good thing... a very good thing.

Another point of interest are the statues. They are very Jedi inspired. If you remember the first Jedi Knight game, you know what I mean.

You may find this interesting Chronicles of Riddick

• 5 months later...
Guest Fox__Trot

Have you noticed vin diesel's just showing up in more and MORE actions movies -all- the time is he our next real "action hero"? gotta wonder

it is interesting because it is the villain who is the hero ... wait that doesnt make sense, or does it? heh heh heh

i wish people would stop comparing things to something else and just let something be what it is

I know starwars has probably changed your life in a big kind of way but im telling you man starwars isnt everything

quote:

Originally posted by Outlaw:

especially with the whole necromonger thing sounds like a cheesy borg assimilation rip-off idea.

I must admit, I am worried about that too. But I have faith.

a good way to conqure a world is to use the resources that are already there instead of destroying them all so you dont have to spend your own

its just the smart thing to do(its quite obvious that the borg were sucessful useing this strategy) dont be so narrow minded ppl not everything is about startrek

sometimes ppl actually spend time imagining up a story, draw a few sketches....

The trailers really make me think of a modernized David Lynch's Dune. I think the necromongers don't exactly assimilate people like Start Trek. From what I've been able to piece together I think it works like this:

1) They invade your planet.

2) You are given the option to convert (think religious conversion, I think religion may play a very big part in the film)

3) If you don't convert, they kill you. Then (complements of high futuristic technology) use your body as fodder in their ever growing army of animated undead - think tleilaxu.

Sounds fun. And the early previews on AICN are beaming that this is a thinking man's sci fi and not some mindless action movie. On that I'll remain sceptical, but I hold out hope that we'll yet get something like a fantastic and wonderful mix of Alien, Dune, and Star Wars.

Guest Hellbinder[CE]

I think Movie critics are just STUPID. In fact They, as in every last one of them, should get fired.

I just got back from the late showing of Riddick. Man Do I like this movie. It is sooooo great to see an Origional SCifi Flick with unique Special effects ideas, and ship designs etc... Yes you can see some influence from Dune and Alien (heh and Kull the Conquerer).. But this work has a feel and atmosphere all its own.

I really enjoyed the style of the special effects. Everything has a slightly artistic and surreal feeling to it. just awesome. I also found the story very cool. Its not perfect but enjoyable. I personally hope this flick makes a bazzillion dollars so we can get the Trillogy treatment.

Overall This Flick IMO watches like a Good Action Scifi novel. Wich is something any scifi buff movie goer should get excited about!!.