BattleStar Galactica

LostInSpace

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

I like it because it isnt all space battles -which themselves become somewhat stagnant, they just sit their and shoot missiles at eachother until one of them blows up-and the pilots just get lauched to their deaths usually. They need some new kinds of action.

I sort of like the character drama. they overdo it sometimes though, with people shooting their wives and stuff. Past that though, there is some good character buildup, although sometimes its pretty pointless and in the end, no one really learned anything. Baltar's lawyer was amazing, but then Baltar lived and hes just as stupid as before, you would think he would have gotten something redeeming out of it and all.

quote:

Originally posted by The Black Ghost:

I like it because it isnt all space battles -which themselves become somewhat stagnant, they just sit their and shoot missiles at eachother until one of them blows up-and the pilots just get lauched to their deaths usually. They need some new kinds of action.

I sort of like the character drama. they overdo it sometimes though, with people shooting their wives and stuff. Past that though, there is some good character buildup, although sometimes its pretty pointless and in the end, no one really learned anything. Baltar's lawyer was amazing, but then Baltar lived and hes just as stupid as before, you would think he would have gotten something redeeming out of it and all.

Yeah, to each their own preferences, I believe that's the reason why it's not doing so great in the ratings, if I wanted to see Law and Order in space, I'd just watch Law and Order with the lights out.

quote:

Originally posted by stingray:

quote:

Originally posted by The Black Ghost:

Yeah, to each their own preferences, I believe that's the reason why it's not doing so great in the ratings, if I wanted to see Law and Order in space, I'd just watch Law and Order with the lights out.

Exactly!

• 4 months later...

http://www.scifi.com/battlestar/

The Two-Hour Event

The special two-hour episode "Razor", which will serve as a backdrop for the events of season four of Battlestar Galactica, tells the story of Lee Adama's first mission as the commander of the battlestar Pegasus ù and the harrowing tale of that ship's desperate fight for survival in the immediate aftermath of the Cylon's genocidal siege of the Twelve Colonies.

Lee Adama's new XO, Major Kendra Shaw, is plagued by memories of her service and sacrifices under Admiral Helena Cain, who was able to save her ship during the Cylon attack ù but only by making Shaw and her fellow officers rationalize suicidal battle tactics and brutal war crimes against their own people.

In the crucible of war, Shaw must let her hesitation and doubts burn away, until all that remains of her is the honed edge of a living human weapon ù what Colonial veterans call "a razor." But an edge so fine cuts in more than one direction. It can cleave an enemy to pieces à or it can carve away a person's soul.

The Razor Flashbacks

From October 5 through November 16, SCI FI whets Battlestar fans' appetites every Friday night with Razor Flashbacks during all-new episodes of Flash Gordon. All the flashback clips will be available on SCIFI.COM immediately after broadcast.

Written by Michael Taylor and directed by Wayne Rose and Felix Alcala, these intense, roughly two-minute segments tell the story of young William "Husker" Adama's rookie Viper mission during the first Cylon war. In addition to fighting for his very survival against relentless Cylon centurions, Adama makes a terrifying discovery that will come back 40 years later to threaten him, the crew of the Pegasus and the survival of the human race.

This isn't footage you'll see in the premiere of Razor, so make sure to watch every Friday for a new flashback adventure, then see it again on SCIFI.COM!

I caught the first "flashback" today. Talk about timing. :birthday: The premiere is Saturday Nov. 24, 2007

It has been canceled. The last season is next year.

Did not know that. I see your point.

I know that some people like it. I have nothing against that. I just think its over-hyped rubbish.

Of course you may have your opinion as well. I'm not trying to sway anybody's opinion. :) If they make the ending nice and tidy I'll be happy.

Sho, did you like the "flashback"?

• 1 month later...

OK, so I bought the Razor EE DVD and watched it this past weekend.

It was quite good. Pacing, storyline, acting, specialFX. Everything was top notch. 10/10

Now if only they had actually kept this sort of thing with the series, it wouldn't have had low ratings and thus canceled @ year 3. Oh well.

Razor reminded me of how the show started out. Then they went and screwed it up with rubbish plotlines, political nonsense and whatnot. They turned the fracking series into Dallas In Space. Stupid mofos get to do shit like this while worthy far like B5 and Farscape get canned.

If you are a sci-fi fan, then you most definitely should. Its worth every penny.

Oh, I am indeed.

I watched the television version when it came on, now I'd like to see the missing scenes that are on the DVD.

-Sho

• 2 months later...
Oh, I am indeed.

I watched the television version when it came on, now I'd like to see the missing scenes that are on the DVD.

-Sho

What the Frak is going on?

Eight Minute update that catches you up to Season Four. Spoken really quickly like the legal disclaimers at the end of radio car ads. Sc might even like it. It's fairly funny but informative.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

I guess this is the last half of the last season starts Jan 16? Dunno, I'm so confused. However, there are more webisodes up on the website. Four episodes so far. Pretty neat. Classic "all trapped in a raptor and start dying one by one" thing.

• 3 months later...
I guess this is the last half of the last season starts Jan 16? Dunno, I'm so confused. However, there are more webisodes up on the website. Four episodes so far. Pretty neat. Classic "all trapped in a raptor and start dying one by one" thing.

Well; it's over. Interesting ending. Cool battle scene but they broke Galactica's back. Grand old girl.

Coming in the Fall; "The Plan"; the Cylon's side of the story.

However, I think this is done. Perhaps in 20 years someone else will re-imagine the story again and make it better.

Goodbye Galactica.