Night at the movies - The Matrix Revolutions

Guest $iLk

quote:

Originally posted by Sebbish:

I have a question for those of you who understood the ending:

...What I understood is that people have a choice if they want to live in the matrix (which is now a utopiant-type place, hence the sun and the rainbow, and the grass and the trees for the first time) or not, and those that don't get to go to the real world, and probably help rebuild it. So it's peaceful, for now at least.

So is this correct?

To a degree, yes. People would stay in the matrix unless they wished to leave, which they were now allowed to do. I don't believe it to be a utopia though. People would still wake up from it. I believe it was just reset and happened to be a nice day. Why the little girl got to choose the wheather I don't know.

just for clarification:::

It was Captain Naiobi and merovingian

The little girl was for the most part created as a sum of the love between two sentient programs within the matrix and the last exiled program that didn't want to be deleted. Love was a concept that was foreign to the machines and the main problem with the unbalanced equation.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Grayfox

seen this one tonight finally... all i can say is holy f'n cow. the movie was fantastic. the ending was left open a bit, but i kind of expected that. and the battle for zion was absoloutely nuts.

for some odd reason, i understood everything all the questions for me were answered, all the new questions brought up at the end were pretty much answered. i knew neo had to let himself be killed. if smith was his opposite, then that means both needed eachother to survive. without one, the other would die, so neo let smith "assimilate" him to unbalance the scales. with the anomoly taken care of, and with smith being a program to begin with, the system could then right itself and start over... without wiping out zion.

as for the part when the oracle said that they probably would see neo again, i figure that since there were previous versions of "the one", there would probably be more after neo has gone.

god i cant wait for this to come out on DVD.

10/10

And what about the "sun problem"? The third film hints that maybe it could be used as alternate energy source for the machines?... the sun and that... little girl... are connected someway? I mean the real sun, not the matrix sun. Her father functions are related to "recycling"... and her mother? don't remember...

Just guessing... so many interesting things to work out

• 4 months later...

quote:

I see Matrix in the same light I see Space Oddysey 2001. Its one of the all-timers, unique and veeeery deep with unanswered questions and I leave it there.

I didn't think it was terribly deep. They just made the philosophical intents behind the movie a little more obvious. If you want to see something deep (and I mean deep) you should watch an anime called Neon Genesis Evangelions. That was some crazy and inspiring stuff, especially at the end. If you have winamp, you can find an internet tv station that plays the series non-stop (it's 26 episodes). It's kind of stupid in some parts, but it has a very, very powerful ending. Besides, I'm sure all you sci-fi guys can appreciate giants robots kicking monster ass (cartoon or not).

I must say I was quite critical of the first movie after seeing it on TV. I thought Reeves was stiff the dialogue was pretentious and the plot was stilted. After reluctantly buying all three films, biding my time to find a weekend to watch all three back to back to back, I finally got see them....

Fellas, I was wrong. I am converted. The triology is one of the classics of science fiction

and well worth all the hype. While not on the level of LOTR it is still a worthy contribution to the genre. My wife watched the last two and cried at Both of Trinity's death scenes. She turned and looked at me and said " This is a love story, the difference was the love of Trinity and the little girls parents, that's what saved Zion"

I dont know about that but the wife hates Sci fi but loved these two movies. The word is TRANSCENDANT and it fits. Kudos to the Wachoski bros. and I apologize to everyone I thought was a geek for liking these films.

quote:

Originally posted by DeepFreeze:

quote:

I see Matrix in the same light I see Space Oddysey 2001. Its one of the all-timers, unique and veeeery deep with unanswered questions and I leave it there.

I didn't think it was terribly deep. They just made the philosophical intents behind the movie a little more obvious. If you want to see something deep (and I mean deep) you should watch an anime called Neon Genesis Evangelions. That was some crazy and inspiring stuff, especially at the end. If you have winamp, you can find an internet tv station that plays the series non-stop (it's 26 episodes). It's kind of stupid in some parts, but it has a very, very powerful ending. Besides, I'm sure all you sci-fi guys can appreciate giants robots kicking monster ass (cartoon or not).

"Appleseed" and "Ghost in the shell" are also 2 quite interesting and reflexive histories.