Night at the movies - Tears Of The Sun

Supreme Cmdr

Its better than I expected. Its pretty slow at the beginning but I liked the pacing. Unlike Black Hawk Down which is frantic through out.

I'd have liked to have seen a better final battle engagement, but I don't think that would have been feasible given that it was only a single team of SEALs caught behind enemy lines and up against 300+ Nigerian soldiers.

If you like war movies, you will love this one. Am gonna go see it again before it completes its run.

9.5/10

• 3 months later...

Yes, surprisingly good movie. And for those of you who don't like Bruce Willis (I know you're out there), don't worry, his role isn't the typical Bruce Willis kills everyone role.

I'm with Race Bannon here. Monica Belucci is too good looking.

A SEAL team is NOT meant for fixed firefights like that, which is exactly the way it went down. No Rambo "shoot a bazillion bullets at me and I never got scratched" action here...

Though I would have thought they have more sniper or Claymores than that... and that scene where they just stood up and WALK FORWARD, guns blazing is about as ridiculous as I remember...

• 3 months later...
Guest Grayfox

rented this one tonight to watch... wow. i thought it was pretty damn good.

the final engagement is pretty much what i expected... and the nape... actually looked like WP but still whoo boy.

quote:

Though I would have thought they have more sniper or Claymores than that... and that scene where they just stood up and WALK FORWARD, guns blazing is about as ridiculous as I remember...

they had 2 snipers... well one had a modded m-14 with a scope, the other looked like he was just using a scoped m4. two snipers is plenty for one team. as for the claymores, those things aint exactly light. theyre filled with ball bearings basically. what they deployed in the field was about what you could expect them to carry.

and yes i agree the standing up and walking foward was ridiculous... its not covering fire, its hollywood