Night at the movies - The Two Towers

Supreme Cmdr

OMG! OMG! OMG!

*gulp*

OMG! OMG! OMG!

Anyone who came up with the word epic, had this movie in mind.

I went to see it last night because I didn't want to get caught up in the rush. Still, on Thursday night, the movie theatre was packed - good thing I got my ticket online.

Man, this movie was awesome. At 3hrs long, there wasn't a single boring minute in it. If you thought FOTR was great - heh - wait'll you see this.

Gonna go see it again sometime this month

10/10

Great movie, met most of my expectations.

The Ents owned, so did Gandolf vs. the Belrog.

and Gollum, he was done so well. hehe.

Just wished they didn't make the new sceens, like that entire hounds sceen and Sam and Frodo being taken to Gondor, and put in Shelob and finnish off Isengard.

But other wize it was excelent. Now I can't wait for the extened version like FOTR.

I didn't mind so much that Peter strayed from the books. He had too or Return Of The King would truly suck - especially since it won't have a villain with a face (had Gandalf finished off Saruman etc).

The elves showing up at Helm's Deep was truly moving....as was the slo-mo death of Haldir.

I regard this minor changes as adaptations for the greater good.

If you really want to see professional writers, media and all around nutcases discuss this moving, go here for a good read.

[ 12-23-2002, 12:32 PM: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]

Guest Grayfox

there will always be someone who has no life whatsoever, that will overanalyze anything especially books that were turned into movies... the whole LOTR saga is a prime example.

when the teaser for FOTR came out i remember visiting a site, that analyzed the damn thing frame by frame... i mean cmon guys, get a girlfriend, get a life, for the love of pete get a playboy... something... ANYTHING.

i just thought it was a bit much, i mean who cares? you either liked it and thought it was a good adaptation of the book, you liked it and didnt think it was a good adaptation, or you just plain hated it...

ok ranting done.

on topic, i plan to see this sometime this week... seeing as how the closest theater isnt playing it (heathens!), i gotta go an extra 5 miles to see it... gas money well spent i say!

I noticed this in FOTR as well - the damned Dwarf's axe keeps switching. Okay, he broke half off trying to smash the ring in the last movie. In half the scenes in BOTH movies it only has one edge. In the other half, it has two. What's with that?

quote:

Okay, he broke half off trying to smash the ring in the last movie.

Actually he picks up and breaks the axe belonging to the Dwarf that was sitting beside him. He also has carries more than one axe with him throughout both movies.

[ 12-23-2002, 07:24 AM: Message edited by: Elenkis ]

quote:

Originally posted by Elenkis:

quote:

Okay, he broke half off trying to smash the ring in the last movie.

Actually he picks up and breaks the axe belonging to the Dwarf that was sitting beside him. He also has carries more than one axe with him throughout both movies.

That is correct

Damn, we're geeks

Guest Grayfox

well, broke down and seen this one tonight. very well done indeed.

the battle of helms deep was very nicely done, and i really didnt mind the breakaways to other scenes...

ill probably see it a few more times before they remove it from the theaters

9.5/10

From The WB newsletter

---------------------------

This Sunday at 9/8c, you asked for it: a special encore presentation of The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers, Return to Middle Earth, hosted by Smallville's Michael Rosenbaum! Read more about this revealing behind-the-scenes special at: http://www.thewb.com/Shows/WithFeedback/0,9310,82772,00.html.

----------------------------

Guest Fox__Trot

Actuly caught this movie a the day before it came out (have a co-worker who owns the local movieplex) anyways good movie actuly thought it was a bit too epic for me although im looking forward to the 9 to 11 hour sit down when I get to watch all three movies on my PS2

This one had more of a "closing" then the first movie did I nearly wanted to kill someone when the first one ended this one I felt like I saw an ending

I recomend seeing the first movie before going to this one though

Hi all,

Sorry for the late post, but have just witnessed the spectacle that is the two towers.

Nothing short of amazing, my biggest problem was that being a New Zealander, I saw a lot of bit part actors that I have seen in a multitude of roles, but that is a small sacrifice given that I was totally riveted for most of the 3 hours.

Just to totally piss off everyone, just last week, I was driving through the glacial plains of Edoras, Mountains on both sides, (Not a lot of snow as it is summer here now). The worst thing is they totally removed all signs of the City and reverted everything back to the way it was. (tho the hill it was built on still remains)

Got to admit Peter Jackson kicks ass, I have been a big fan of his from some of his earlier works.

If you are looking for a real laugh, you can't go past PJ's 'Meet the Feebles', a sort of Muppets on Crack movie. (Probably a bit dated now, but still a bit of fun)

Just one more year to wait,

BTW if you want a bit of a laugh, check out

The return of the King Protest at

http://www.theofficersclub.com/rotkpo/

Cheers

Darrin

quote:

feedBAck

Who is your favorite Lord of the Rings character?

juju_T-DOT

01/04/2003 22:50

okay okay u see dat gurl writing down dere...MRS.BLOOM??first of all UR NAME IS GERLYN MAY!second of all...U SPELLED HUSBAND WRONG!hahahhahahhahahahah....*husban* eh?hahahahah...n e whoo...stop it!cuz...hes mine!we went over dis already rememba maymay?eh?...soo u can have ur JBOOG CUZ ORLANDO is mine!muahhaha...=P

Mrs. Bloom, in legolas' bed

01/04/2003 22:45

muhahha..i love my husban!hes sooo sexxie..nd ahhhhhhh...veryyy nice... looks nice...love his smile!!ohh yeah nd im tlkain bout legolas...so for all of u ladies... u can juss back off!! he's mine !!!! muhahah...i kno u wish u wer mee but thats ok...u hav to realize ur NOT!

juju_T-DOT

01/04/2003 22:38

OH MY GOODNESS!!!!HE IS SOOO SEXAY!+ HOT!I LOVE HIM IN ALL HIS MOVIES!ESPECIALLY LOTR...i read da daymn book + everything!hes really NICE lookin' in BLACK HAWK DOWN =P

I hope this isn't copywrite infringement, it's off the WB website Who the h*)L posts these things, these people are stupid.

And on topic, I loved the movie, which is odd because I didn't like the first one. When are our games going to have CG like that!!

Man, that was without a doubt, one of the greatest films I've ever seen!

Even at 3+ hours long, I enjoyed every minute of it, and there are few who wouldn't. An excellent adaptation of an already great story. Only recently has the technology been there to give Tolkien's series the presentation it deserves.

Run, in fact speed, run red lights, and cut people off on your way to the theatre to see this. Cancel the wedding, escape from the hospital, forget your appointent with Bill Gates to discuss your placement in his will, see this film!

10/10

• 8 months later...

One of my friends brought me his DVD and practically held a gun to my head demanding I watch it. He threatened to infest my armpits with fleas, shave my private hairs and poor alcohol on the stubble, and hate me forever if I didn't watch it. After it lay on my coffee table for two weeks I finally broke down and watched it.

I hate to say it but I enjoyed this movie and am actually looking forward to the next one.

I liked Fellowship better but still liked Two Towers.

Also, I tried to read the books in high school but quit in the middle of Two Towers as I found the writing style boring.

This is a geek sin of the first magnitude to many.

So you are not quite alone.

I recently aquired the "directors cut" for the Fellowship of the Ring. That movie is over 3 hours long. Throughout the entirety it adds about 30+ minutes of film they had to cut out to make it short enough for the theatre. In my own opinion its much better and adds many details that would be found in the book. Movie even starts different with a portion called "concerning hobbits" that is similar to the start of the LoTR books. For some that never read the LoTR books the movie might feel....overly long. But those familiar with the book its a far cry better than the theatre release. I look forward to aquiring the directors cut for the 2 towers because certain details like the ents (and hurons) assisting with the battle of helms deep are included.

For anyone who likes the first two movies, here's a little preview of Return of the King

quote:

I recently aquired the "directors cut" for the Fellowship of the Ring. That movie is over 3 hours long. Throughout the entirety it adds about 30+ minutes of film they had to cut out to make it short enough for the theatre. In my own opinion its much better and adds many details that would be found in the book. Movie even starts different with a portion called "concerning hobbits" that is similar to the start of the LoTR books. For some that never read the LoTR books the movie might feel....overly long. But those familiar with the book its a far cry better than the theatre release. I look forward to aquiring the directors cut for the 2 towers because certain details like the ents (and hurons) assisting with the battle of helms deep are included.

back on topic:

The nice thing of the extended dvd set (I presume that's what you mean by directors cut) is that you can change the audio track. Instead of the normal 'sound' you can also listen to the comment of the cast (quite hilarious).

Besides that, there are also comments from the special effects guys and from PJ (and co-writers) himself.

And indeed, i find the extended version better than the theatrical version since it feels more complete (it has extra material in almost every chapter and on top of that adds a new chapter or two)

BTW: the extended version of TTT is said to contain over 40 minutes extra material (I resisted all temptation to buy the DVD, just waiting for the extended version now... the agony...)