Night at the movies - Black Hawk Down

Outlaw

I saw it yesterday afternoon. I thought it was the best movie I'd seen in a while. I was so wired when I came out I was up half the night.

I'm leaving for Ft. Benning next week. The Rangers and Delta operators portrayed in the film are the best soldiers in the Infantry, the ones we aspire to be. If you have not read the book it is a must read. The movie may have been violent, but I thougth the book was more so, and neither can truthfully convey how violent the real incident was.

The reviews keep saying the movie is about a boched operation or a battle we lost. But when just over a hundred men fight for 15 hours, come out with 18 dead, and leave no one behind, that's not defeat, that's victory. Regardless of what you think of the politics that brought them there.

• 1 year later...

Well.... I agree that it's a good film.... I think that a 8.5-9/10 will suite ...... but pardon me if I will be unpopular amongst USA's sons but that was the only live actions that USA's soldier take in that damned conflict.....

I'm italian and our FOLGORE's and TUSCANIA's boys had done most of the job out there and payed most of the prices.........

So.... sorry but it's their job.... they choose to do such life and to train themselves to become the best they can..... but sometimes someone will best you or got luck on his back......and int that job it mean that you have to die.

It's no good.... but it's the way things go.

First of all...if anyone read the very beginning when it said the MARINES had pulled out and let the Army take over. Just a quick history lesson, the skinnies weren't pulling NONE of that crap while we were there. As soon as we left they started acting up again because they didn't respect our Army...few countries do. But ummm...i'm off my soapbox. As far as the movie, i liked it...not the rangers...but more of the delta force since they played the role of people not afraid of death and the ones more controlled in combat...like the Marines. (I had to throw that in there.) my 2 cents