Movie Night - Mission: Impossible 2

Wow! This movie rocks! However if your a John Woo fan remember that your going to see a Mission Impossible movie, not a typical John Woo flick. Yes the double hand gun scene is in there, the hyper kinetic choreography is there, but there are other elements normaly found in a John Woo flick that are missing (NOT a bad thing in this case).

On the other hand for those who saw the first one and think this is more of the same, it's not. This is a much faster paced, much more action orientated installment. It's also a bit more serious then the first one. As for the plot it holds up very well (as always avoid spoilers) and surprised me a bit more then I was expecting for this type of movie.

I recommend it, incredible choreography, excellent pacing, much better soundtrack this time, Anthony Hopkins, BEAUTIFULL actress, some surprisingly good photography, solid plot, and one of the best action directors ever calling the shots.

[This message has been edited by Vorpal (edited 05-25-2000).]

Cool, I knew this one was going to be better than the first.

------------------

CMDR GREG 'GMAN' MILLER

ORION FLEET

FLEET EXECUTIVE OFFICER

T.B.G. NIGHTWATCH COMMANDER

TSUNAMI BATTLE GROUP

GCV - SARK

ICQ 64202480

www.orion-hq.fsnet.co.uk

'The righteous care about justice for all,

but the wicked have no such concern.'

[email protected]

I liked it, but if you liked the "In, do the impossible, and out, with no one ever knowing you were there" parts of MI-1, then you could be disapointed.

On the other hand, there is only one way to describe the moves Cruise pulls off in this movie: "Human Perfection".

------------------

Commander S. Badgerius

GCV-Diligence

Prime Fleet

S36 Commander, Gamma Wing

Yup, I would definately say this is the summers first (well, second, I loved Gladiator) blockbuster hit. I would have to say though, that the biggest star is John Woo. Everything in this movie has his "special" touch to it. From all the slow motion, double gunned, butt kicking, action packed, Tom Cruise being a badass, rock the house scenes to the "Impossible" plot, this movie is DA BOMB! Just leave your sense of reality at the door, buy your tub of popcorn, and have a good time.

Oh yeah, we can't forget the required doves...always have to have a white dove in a John Woo flick...coooooooooool...

I have to disagree with the people who say that this movie was action-packed. Although there was an interesting plot to the movie, the action scenes don't really start until about 3/4ths of the way through the movie. This, in my opinion, lowers the grade a few points, but the action scenes themselves MORE than make up for points lost.

------------------

Captain TBone

GCV Delorean

"If you're gonna build a time machine, you might as well do it in style"

Went out and caught MI2 this evening and have to say all in all it was a pretty good movie. It was sorta like The Matrix meets James Bond but nevertheless I enjoyed it. It is a tad slow getting started as it lays the plot out but once the action gets going it's an awesome movie. I definetely recommend it.

------------------

Commander Bandus

GCV Defiant

*1st Squadron,*HammerHead Wing

Stationed, *Starbase Masada

"Universal Peace Through Deadly Force"

ICQ 48630242 EST

=Wraith Fleet=

Well, I went and say MI2 today. It wasn't a bad movie to say the least. There were a few thing I thought they overdid, like the masks. But overall it was descent.

------------------

Cmdr. Antilles

Spectre Fleet

Spectre Starstation

ICV- Eclipse

Chief Security Officer

Learning is not compulsory... Neither is survival.