Movie Night - Titan A.E.

Rippen

I remember, a long time ago, when Transformers: The Movie came out. I remember being totally blown away by how awesomely cool that movie was. But the most memorable thing, I think, was that crazy song "You've got the touch" that played when ever the Autobots started to kick ass. In fact, those cheesy songs where pretty dominant during the 80's, but hey, I thought they were cool.

Fast forward to the future.

I went to see Titan AE last night. I had no idea what to expect, being as that I've never seen a Don Bluth animated feature before. Let me just say that I will see anything, anything, that Don Bluth puts out in the future. I can't remember the last time I actually had fun at a movie.

The movie, at it's simplist, is the same old story of "Father abandons boy to save mankind while the world blows up." Yeah, we've all seen that one before wink.gif Anyway, while the story may be a tad cliche, the execution is marvelous! The visuals of spanning space vistas and "Jules Verne" inspired space craft are worth the price of admission. The voice acting, while a little cheesy at times, is dead on. You'll cheer for the heros, boo the bad guys when they do bad guy things, and applaud at the end when good triumphs over evil!

Oh yeah, and theres pretty cool rock songs scattered throughout the picture, similar to the classic Transformers: The Movie. Sure, there at tad funny at times, but I couldn't help feeling like a little kid in the theaters again, watching Autobots trash Decepticons, or gast when Optimus was shot by the treacherous Megatron!

If your a fan of the space/drama/action genre (which I know all of you reading this are) go see Titan A.E. You won't be dissapointed!

------------------

Cmdr. Ross "Rippen" Banta

GCV Olympus Belle

*1st Squadron, *Hell Hounds

Stationed, *Starbase Hades

"Cry havoc, and let slip the dogs of war!"

ICQ# 7311086 EST

=WRAITH FLEET=

[This message has been edited by Rippen (edited 06-17-2000).]

I haven't seen it yet, got the posters, pin, Music and Magnets...I'm not obsessed! Going to see it tommora! TITAN AE ROCKS MAN! FOREVER!

Course...It also helps that I work at the movie theatres...Eheheh... O_o

------------------

AKUMA MINAKO

ORION FLEET

GCV- TENCHI

DETERRENCE BATTLE GROUP

www.orion-hq.fsnet.co.uk

"War is the plague of Mankind, created by Mankind."

[This message has been edited by Akuma Minako (edited 06-17-2000).]

I just came back from the theatres myself after seeing it (also after screaming loudly "Ahhh! The light, the light!" when first going outside) and I personally give it my "L33t liek Jeff K." award, truely a prestigous honor! Hell, from the previews I saw it almost looked like it was anime.. do yourself a favor people and go check it out, even if it means you have to step out under the cursed thing in the sky known as "the sun" smile.gif

------------------

Cmdr. Parias

Spectre Fleet

Chief Engineer, Starstation Destiny

ICV-Galatae

Staff member at HardNews

"Next time you're passing by and feel like dropping in, keep passing by untill you get to a river, and THEN drop in." -Jake Logan

Saw it yesterday, the animation and sound is incredible. Think Heavy Metal merged with Star Wars and you get some idea of what this movie is like. It'll REALLY make you want to play more space sims smile.gif

Another good Don Bluth film is The Secret of Nimh. One of my favorite animated movies from the past.

Holy SH*T!!!

This movie totally rocked!! I can't count the number of times I thought of different computer games during many of the scenes.

It had me thinking of Freespace, Wing Commander, Homeworld and especially BC3K.

Starwars meets Heavy Metal is a real good comparison.

Loved the chases on the different planets and in the ice nebula.

A must see for any Sci-Fi / space game fan.

Best movie of the year so far... IMO

------------------

Cmdr. Andergum

Spectre Fleet

Pre. comm. Cmdr. New America StarStation

ICV Gummy 1

Official tester of BC3K the series...

Long live the Insurgency!

ICQ # 215323

I also saw this yesterday, and yes, enjoyed! Heh, I only been planning to see this movie now for the last 2 months. wink.gif I two was thinking Transformers and BC3K.

------------------

CMDR GREG 'GMAN' MILLER

ORION FLEET

FLEET EXECUTIVE OFFICER

T.B.G. NIGHTWATCH COMMANDER

TSUNAMI BATTLE GROUP

GCV - SARK

ICQ 64202480

www.orion-hq.fsnet.co.uk

'The righteous care about justice for all,

but the wicked have no such concern.'

[email protected]

Speaking of the old Transformsers movie, Does anyone know if it has ever been released on DVD? And by whom?

------------------

Commander Ledge Rock

GCV Computron

ICQ 68356179 EST

There's no DVD version of that movie unfortuantly. There has recently been a VHS release but I hear they chopped it up a bit and added some cheezy intro and outro to it (They assume it will only be bought by kids and that they wont have a clue as to what this movie is supposed to be about). There was once a Japanese laser disc that I would be stoked to find, but I have yet to ever see it...