Night at the Movies: Finding Nemo

Scrivener

Here's another Oscar for Pixar. Although I don't know how in the world they got away with a 'G' rating. There was some pretty scary stuff in there... as a diver myself I got a little freaked out by a couple scenes. Anyway, Finding Nemo is yet another great Pixar film that anyone can enjoy regardless of age. See this one with the kids, there are some sensitive issues (Death of a loved one, etc) that parents will want to explain to young-uns.

9/10

P.S. The CG in here is absolutely mind-boggling. Although I'm only just starting to learn Maya in school, I can't even begin to comprehend how they got this movie to look so dang good. If it weren't for the cartoon-ish style of the characters, the whole movie would be totally photorealistic.

Also went to see this with the family yesterday. I haven't laughed so hard in a very long time. As mentioned, the CG work is breath-taking (no pun indented). Make sure that you stay until the very very very end of the credits, while there aren't any out-takes - yet - the antics of the "cast" with the scrolling credits are fun for all and the last morsel with Chum's (shark with the hook in his head) fishy friend is worth a good belly laugh.

9/10

The first half is too slow for younger kids and they get restless. The second half so entertaining that even my 4 month old didn't even wiggle.

Dory: Hey, you speak whale! Whish I could speak whale.

The audience about busted a gut.

<rant>

One note, I was very upset at the previews, A) they took nearly 20!! minutes. B) The first one was for Pirates of the Caribbean. While it looks to be a flick I want to see, decaying pirates marching across the screen freaked out my kids. Nemo's a kids' show, what fool thought it a good idea (ethically not marketing wise) to throw such a preview on the screen?! Morons

</rant>

O.M.G. I have never seen an animated film this good. Took the little one to go see it yesterday and she was thrilled as a bee.

Damn this movie was good. Just look how far computer animations have come. The emotions and expressions on otherwise flat entities (fish) was such a fine job I simply couldn't believe it.

And what about those sea turtles on the EAC? Man oh man, that was freaky cool!!!

She wants to go see it again. So guess where I'll be next weekend.

10/10

quote:

Originally posted by Tyrn:

One note, I was very upset at the previews, A) they took nearly 20!! minutes.
B)
The first one was for Pirates of the Caribbean. While it looks to be a flick I want to see, decaying pirates marching across the screen freaked out my kids. Nemo's a kids' show, what fool thought it a good idea (ethically not marketing wise) to throw such a preview on the screen?! Morons

I agree. And just think, the movie is R or PG-13 isn't it? Yet, they show it in a kids movie showing. I can't believe they did that.

quote:

One note, I was very upset at the previews, A) they took nearly 20!! minutes.
B)
The first one was for Pirates of the Caribbean. While it looks to be a flick I want to see, decaying pirates marching across the screen freaked out my kids. Nemo's a kids' show, what fool thought it a good idea (ethically not marketing wise) to throw such a preview on the screen?! Morons

I agree 100%, that would have pissed me off as well. I thought the trailers themselves were rated. Don't they say something like "This preview has been rated appropriate for all audiences"? So if they are showing a Pirates of the Carribean trailer at a G movie, they should be cutting the undead pirates scene.

I'm big on controlling what my kids see with movies, so it might be getting to the point where I show up 15 minutes late so we miss the previews altogether. The downside being good luck finding a seat at Finding Nemo, opening weekend.

The choice of what trailers are added to the movie is left up to the theatre, once in a while the movie company itself will dictate what can be added and what cannot.(and for Nemo Disney did not say boo, which is odd)

The company I work for and alot of theatre chains, strictly forbids pg13 and R trailers on G movies. And if trailers are not rated then common sense is used to determine if the trailer should be place on that movie.

I would contact the theatre and let them know about that trailer, most of the time its a accident.