Supreme Cmdr

....gits without a clue

OK, here is how the word Rubbish is explained

rubbish

n.

1. Refuse; garbage.
  2. Worthless material.
  3. Foolish discourse; nonsense.

Now add the words, complete and utter to this term, and you'll come up with complete and utter rubbish. Which describes this movie.

2/10 (just because Sean Connery and Peta Wilson are in it. They each get 1 star for effort and for even being in the movie).

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

....gits without a clue

OK, here is how the word
is explained

rubbish

n.

1. Refuse; garbage.

2. Worthless material.

3. Foolish discourse; nonsense.

Now add the words, complete and utter to this term, and you'll come up with
complete and utter rubbish
. Which describes this movie.

2/10 (just because Sean Connery and Peta Wilson are in it. They each get 1 star for effort and for even being
in
the movie).

Damn, I was hoping it was at least passible. Oh well. When I first saw the commercial for it I said to myself "EH". The one thing that had me scratching my head was why League of extrodinary gentlemen when there's also a women involved in the troop.

Guest Grayfox

because it has to be politically correct.

i was thinking about seeing this one tomorrow... i might chance it, and go see another movie to boot.

Umm...Could you elaborate a bit on the why's of it?

I was gonna go see this with friends, so I'd like to know why you think it sucked....

quote:

Originally posted by Kiran:

Umm...Could you elaborate a bit on the why's of it?

I was gonna go see this with friends, so I'd like to know why you think it sucked....

I don't have time. But I'm sure that you should be able to find tons of reviews online.

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

2/10 (just because Sean Connery and Peta Wilson are in it. They each get 1 star for effort and for even being
in
the movie).

I guess this balances out the high scores you've been giving out of late.

"SC maybe you should take a NEW hobby like cultivating an ant farm, eh?"

Dear lord no!

You KNOW he will end up making a PERSCAN in his laptop to keep track of them.

ID:Worker Ant# 23245 Loc: Kitchen (2443N,4353W)

quote:

Originally posted by Tac:

Dear lord no!

ROTFLMAO!!!

quote:

Originally posted by Tac:

Dear lord no!

Oh good heavens, I need a good belly laugh like that at least once a day!

quote:

Originally posted by Tyrn:

Oh good heavens, I need a good belly laugh like that at least once a day!

Well, it should come as no surprise. I mean, this is Tac we're talking about here. Where he gets this stuff from, is anyone's guess. But damn that was hilarious.

Err, back to the movie. I saw it (for free, as usual), and I didn't think it was as bad as everyone made it out to be. If you can overlook the plot holes and places where it simply defies logic, it's an enjoyable summer actioner.

5/10

I give it a 6, which is actually a bit lower than I usually give, but better than all the reviews I read online.

I don't mind the SFX... They are pretty well done. The twist is not that bad. The MAIN problem is this is an ensemble show, thus you had to spread things out, everybody get SOME screentime. I had the same problem with X-Men 2.

You can just see the ending from a mile away. The young guy will take over, and that target practice scene on the bridge all but gave away the ending.

The overall style is fine, but the anachronistic weapons and tech are often a BIT too much. Machine guns, sure. Automobile, sure. But... Sub-launched ICBM? Cloning? It's a bit jarring.

It's not THAT bad... I'd say Waterworld and such are worse, but it's NOT good either.

Saw it. I give it somewhere around a 5 out of 10. It is pretty good as a very mindless B-type movie. Can't take it with even one ounce of seriousness though. I thought it was just too funny that Captain Nemo is this quick and nimble Kung-Fu martial arts fighter!

This movie definetly gets filed in the WTF?!? category. It was like the worst of all the Disney movies combined. Did anyone notice that a Nautilus was bigger than a modern day AIRCRAFT CARRIER?!? I mean, holy hell. Not only was it that massive, does anyone have any idea what kind of force would be needed to move an object like that let alone move it at that rate of speed!

Where else can we go with this? Oh yes, Shane West wasn't killed when his car went catapulting at 70 MPH into a cement building and then said cement building gets hit with a TOMAHAWK missile that shouldn't have even existed?!?

I give this movie a 2/10. I'm actually lieing to myself so I feel I at least got my money's worth out of the movie (which I didn't). I'm with the SC on this one....pure rubbish.