Night at the movies - Bad Boys II

Supreme Cmdr

ha!! first!!!

If you liked the first one, you will love this one. Typical Simpson/Bruckheimer/Bay affair. Lots and lots of totally wild explosions and one of the most amazing car chase scenes since the Matrix.

Though I think the part in the mortuary was overdone, too long and a bit over the top.

WARNING: If you are action film averse (this goes double for you Race Bannon), do NOT go see this movie. At all. It is nothing but the prerequisite Summer romp

9.5/10

[ 08-06-2003, 05:35 AM: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]

It had quite a lot of dirty humor, but I still enjoyed it. (it was rated R, but I think it was borderline NC17) Top-notch action and about five truly hilarious scenes. If you're one of those sensitive types (Roger Ebert says that everyone involved with this film should owe community service), I'd definately steer clear. Otherwise, it's great fun. Saw it three times last night.

9/10

quote:

Originally posted by Urza:

(Roger Ebert says that everyone involved with this film should owe community service),

LOL!! he said that? Gotta link?

And you saw it 3 times. In one day? Dear Lord, that means you spent almost 9 hrs (the movie itself is 2hrs 37mins long) in a theatre!?!?!

Smart, I'm gonna track you down and make you pay for what you said about me. I LOVE ACTION MOVIES, I am skipping work to see Bad Boys on Friday. Iv've seen the previews and I'll see it cause I saw the first one. I JUST DON"T LIKE CRAPPY ACTION MOVIES! Now for the love of Pete lay off!

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

quote:

Originally posted by Urza:

(Roger Ebert says that everyone involved with this film should owe community service),

LOL!! he said that? Gotta link?

And you saw it 3 times. In one day? Dear Lord, that means you spent almost 9 hrs (the movie itself is 2hrs 37mins long) in a theatre!?!?!

Here's the link to Ebert's review. As for the nine hours, multiply that by $7, and you get $63 of easy money.

Bad Boys, Bad Boys, whacha gonna do?

9 1/2/10. Easily. This movie couldn't have been better. Make sure you have a moderately strong stomache. There are multiple graphic scenes but they really aren't that big of a deal. The movie was great. Martin Lawrenc and Will Smith both played their parts great. The bad guy reminded me of that one dude from the movie Bedazzled when he was a Columbian drug lord. Anyway, great movie. I definetly recommend this.

• 2 weeks later...

Finally saw it and it was worth the wait. Good action movie deftly directed and just slightly over the top. Great explosions, car chases and it met my number one action movie criteria, I didn't look at my watch one time during the movie. So take that Mr. Smarty Pants!

8.5/10

All in good fun SC. You have my utmost respect

as I'm sure you know. I just wanted to show you I'm not action film averse, just bad movie averse.

I'm on my way to see T3 now! Cheerio old chap!