Night at the Movies - Cabin Fever

Outlaw

Cool? Whats cool about it? It was horribly gratuitously gruesome (e.g. the lady shaving her legs in the bathtub) - the same thing thats ruining the youths of America.

I remember back when movies like Excorcist, Damien, Hitchcock's twistedly demented stuff etc were true horror movies. Today, if its not gory and gruesome enough, its not horrific enough to be considered a horror flick. In fact, I recently read somewhere that the movie studio responsible for the next Excorcist movie fired the producer (?) because it wasn't gruesome enough. F*cking idiots.

Never liked orror films but I must totally agree with the SC .....

In the end I'm italian and ours Dario Argento has surely much to teach to that kind of director and producer.....

I'm of a mind that it isn't really a horror film either. I find it to be a campy comedy like say, Army of Darkness. I don't know if you guys have seen 28 days later but I consider that to be a very good horror film. Not because it is gory (and it is in parts) but because it makes you wonder, what would you do if something like that happened to you. What would you do if you were the last living person among zombies that contain your friends and family in their ranks? Personally I just sit and laugh through randomly gory horror movies with no story line. But tremble if gore is used "correctly" to shock the hell out of you at just the right moment. For example in Event Horizone (SP) when they show the guy holding his own eye balls and speaking Latin. I don't know about you but Latin scares me enough as it is (Nuns!) and eye ball holding nastiness only adds to such fears. In other words, SC you're right ^_^ Movie sucked

I think the best horror movies are the ones that really screw with your head.

Those and ones that make you check behind the shower curtain before closing the bathroom door.

I was never a big camper...I think I'll skip this one....

quote:

Originally posted by Serondal:

For example in Event Horizone (SP) when they show the guy holding his own eye balls and speaking Latin. I don't know about you but Latin scares me enough as it is (Nuns!) and eye ball holding nastiness only adds to such fears.

LOL!! Yep

Yeah but think about it, there were a lot of gory movies in the past that were absolute cult hits including Dawn of the Dead(best zombie movie ever made) and Evil Dead hell even the Nightmare on Elm Street movies were gory but there was humor that spawned so many sequels and made Freddy a horror cult icon. Horror comedy IMO is better than just pure horror. BTW, how was 28 Days? You like zombie movies be sure to check out House of the Dead this year!

28 Days Later is a very twisted movie and I hear it has a new ending since I saw it first that is suposed to make it even more twisted. I'm not going to give anything away but it has its gory parts and it has its funny parts.

For example one of the walls in a church has this written in blood

THE END IS EXTREMELY ****ING NEIGH!

The Exorcist was the only movie that ever scared me.

I dunno I guess im getting burnt our on horror movies...

How about a movie where the badguy wins for once! lol (and when i say that I mean a badguy who fought a goodguy not bad on bad)

quote:

You like zombie movies be sure to check out House of the Dead this year!

I hope they dont do what they did in resident evil where they use some equation from the game "I put five bullets in that thing!" I hate it when they use the game's math in the movie