Possible scene in the BC movie?

Ben Zwycky

Whenever I hear this piece of music on the radio (I listen to classic FM sometimes when IÔÇÖm driving), in my mind I always have this picture of a sequence to put in the BC movie. I just thought IÔÇÖd share it with you all. IÔÇÖm afraid youÔÇÖll have to excuse my bad cutting out of the bit IÔÇÖm concerned with, ItÔÇÖs the bit from 28 seconds to 2 minutes 40 seconds (although you could include the first bit as well if you want).

Anyway, this is what it brings to mind:

After shore leave at home on his familyÔÇÖs farm, the battle-hardened battlecruiser commander is called up by Galcom, who have sent a shuttle to go and pick him up. (If you include the first bit of the music, then it starts as you see the shuttle come in to land, if not then it starts as he walks over to the shuttle.) He enters the shuttle and sits down next to the pilot, and looks out the window.

Cut to the shuttleÔÇÖs eye view, as it rises up from the ground before slowly starting forward. There are fields of crops all around. As they carry on, they pass over a couple of kids chasing each other through the cornfields. The fields stretch almost as far as the eye can see in every direction, but with some mountains in the far distance.

The shuttle slowly accelerates and almost imperceptively starts to gain altitude, as they fly over the fields towards the mountains. They pass over an old dirt track, then some more fields, then another small farm compound with a plastic dome in it. The shuttle starts to really pick up speed and altitude as they approach the foothills.

Cut back to the commander looking through the window, moved by the beauty of what he sees, with the mountains passing below reflected in the window.

Back to the shuttleÔÇÖs eye view. As they climb above the mountains and through the light cloud cover, a collossal sprawling metropolis can be seen on the other side, and beyond that the shimmering blue sea. The shuttle continues to climb and the cityscape and coastline get smaller and smaller until the shuttle has left the atmosphere and the commander is looking down at the earth below. (This is the point where the mood of the music changes) Th view slowly pans away from the earth across the stars and past the moon, there is a lens flare as the camera pans past the sun, then out of it appears Galcom HQ in all itÔÇÖs majesty and the music climaxes.

Hope you all enjoyed that. I do every time I imagine it.

The music link might not be working when I post this (ItÔÇÖll probably take me about twenty minutes to upload)

Later all,

------------------

Cmdr. Ben Zwycky

GCV Svoboda, ISS08

Adjutant to the Fleet Commander

ISS Fleet Recruiting Officer

Director, CIOPS Directorate of Training and Administration

Initiate - Order of Jade Dragon

ISS Fleet Homepage

GCV Svoboda Homepage

"Nakonec pravda vitezi" (in the end the truth wins)

Guest Remo Williams

LOL Ben cool daydream do that some myself except its usually a battle scene that runs through my head with a little more up beat to the tune, but that was a cool tune thanks. cool.gif

------------------

Cmdr. Remo Williams

GCV-Lexington

Prime Fleet

Gamma Wing

1st Squadron, (The Guarddogs)

Nice Ben..

Me, I just keep playing in my head the music from Freespace 2 at the part where (*spoiler*)the Colossus gets destroyed(*/spoiler*) while picturing a scene of me and a whole bunch of other Insurgents making a suicide run at Galcom HQ...

*rubs hands together and cackles evily*

------------------

Cmdr. Parias

Spectre Fleet

Chief Engineer, Starstation Destiny

ICV-Galatae

Staff member at HardNews

"I took this job because I just really love to blow sh*t up!"

Thought I'd add a bit of culture to this board smile.gif IMO, you can't beat a quality piece of classical music to set the right mood.

------------------

Cmdr. Ben Zwycky

GCV Svoboda, ISS08

ISS Fleet Homepage

GCV Svoboda Homepage

• 2 weeks later...
Guest BorgKilla

Ben.

Good bit of music.

Unfortuantely, this particular nugget has been used in the UK to advertise Hovis Bread.

Whenever I hear it, I get images of small boy on delivery bike piled high with loaves of bread, struggling to cycle up a 1 in 1 hill.

Oh well, never mind.

Perhaps Agnus Dei......?

BorgKilla.

If it hurts, don't eat it!

Yes, I know, I'm from the UK.

That's why it makes me think of the countryside, rolling wheat fields, as I described.

It's actually taken from Dvorak's 9th symphony entitled 'The new world', in case anyone wanted to know.

------------------

Cmdr. Ben Zwycky

GCV Svoboda, ISS08

ISS Fleet Homepage

GCV Svoboda Homepage

Guest milod

quote:

Originally posted by Ben Zwycky:

It's actually taken from Dvorak's 9th symphony entitled 'The new world', in case anyone wanted to know.

... which Dvorak wrote to express his feelings upon visiting the North American continent for the first time (hence 'The New World'). It's one of my wife's favorite pieces of music.

If you like that, you might also check out Bruckner's Eigth Symphony, or Saint-Saens' "Organ" Symphony (I forget the number). Seriously powerful stuff.

------------------

--milo

milo's home page