Movie Night - Password Swordfish

Supreme Cmdr

Pretty good. Saw it on the same night as Evolution (I like to get movies out of the way ). John makes up for the Battlefield Earth farce. Hugh Jackman, as always, is pretty authentic in it, as the Mitnick type hacker.

Hehe, that movie was funny. The action sequences were awsome and the chicks were nice but those computer scenes were hilarious. Like the "cube" encryption thing and that fact that he can break an rsa key in under 60 seconds. ROTFL. If you look closely at the screen in the computer parts, the things displayed on the screen have absolutely no link whatsoever with what he's doing. Like he's cracking an rsa key and he's running traceroute? Seriously, not to stereotype or anything but the guy doesn't even slighly look like a hacker in the movie.

Nuff rant, it was still a cool movie

[ 06-16-2001: Message edited by: Darkvenom ]

Hackers dress in black trenchcoats and wear sunglasses. Hackers use cool aCr0nyMz when they write/talk. They also have those cool GUI interfaces to launch viruses. (like in the movie Hackers) and most important, they get to go out with Angelina Jolie.

I saw Swordfish last weekend. I kinda liked it. There were a few funny parts, and some interesting ones. The ending was something I've not seen in movies very often.

Guest hindot

Saw it. Thought it sucked. Only one particular scene I did like and it was when Jackman was hacking into the DOD database in 1 minute while a girl was sucking him off. Other than that it was boring. They could have made explosive body parts when the people were strapped with C4.

I would have made a scene where you see the metal bearings entering someone else's throat, and spilling blood everywhere in slow motion. Or maybe ripping apart his intestines, splatering his guts everywhere. Bwhahaha. The lesson we get from hollywood: violence with style is ok