50's B-movie anyone?

Põdi

Yeah, that is a dumb title.

Still...the Clone Wars sounded like a cool period of time. Obi-wan becomes a general, meets Leia's step-daddy, etc.

Let's just hope that Palpatine sees Jar Jar Binks as some dire threat and offs him in some cool dark-side fashion about 3 seconds into the movie.

Why didn't they call it 'Episode II - The Clone Wars' though? I'd always assumed that would be the title.

Oh well.

Also, anything with 'Clones' in the title makes me think of thousands of identical sheep weilding lightsabres and chanting 'May the Fleece be with you'

April fools! Eh wait it's August...

NOOOOoooooooooooo!

Stupid Stupid Stupid name. Attack of the clones. And the next movie can be the toxic avenger too.... grrrr

Oh well... I suppose as long as the story line is good... but then again it will probably be cheesy like episode I...

quote:

Originally posted by $iLk:

Oh well... I suppose as long as the story line is good... but then again it will probably be cheesy like episode I...

Amen! Maybe that's the trick: cool title, crap film or crap title, excellent film.

Why did Lucas have to introduce such shite elements as the Ewoks and Jar-Jar Binks to appeal to the kids anyway, when Eps 4 and 5 appealed to EVERYONE without them?

Then again, Mark Hammill was in Eps 4, 5 and 6 and you can't get much shiter than that.

[ 08-07-2001: Message edited by: Paddy Gregory ]

I think this is a propaganda film aimed at the makers of dolly the sheep. It's a conspiracy where G. Bush and T. Blair's government PAYS G. Lucas to put that title on hence deglamourising clones and its research.

I agree it's pretty stupid, but then again Star Wars: Clone Wars is a bit redundant.

Still I'm sure they could have thought up something better...

quote:

Originally posted by Eclipse:

[QB]I agree it's pretty stupid, but then again Star Wars: Clone Wars is a bit redundant.

[QB]

Yes, but 'Star Wars Episode 2: The Clone Wars' doesn't sound as bad.

"Attack of the Clones"

LA couldn't have picked a worse title IMO. Granted "Clone Wars" is redundant, but still. Did anyone see a bizarre movie from the 1970s titled,"Parts, the Clonus horror"? As far as I can tell, it was a movie about a science lab where they make clones designed as spare parts for rich guys. And it had that guy from "Biography".

"Star Wars: The Clonus Horror", heh

Guest ParkerM

quote:

Originally posted by R_wilco:

"Did anyone see a bizarre movie from the 1970s titled,"Parts, the Clonus horror"?

I saw it on MST3K. Does that count? Unfortunately the MST crew must've slept though it because I saw a LOT of stuff to pick on that the left alone. It wasn't one of their funnier shows.

Lol I found out about this disturbing news last night at VE as you said Lord David. I thought it was a joke at first by VE (remember BullDogs Microsoft article?). But then I saw the same thing here. Oh my god George Lucas has finally succumed to the Dark Side. Oh well at least Natalie Portman will be in the film.

The only thing that could spoil the film now for me is if there's a storyline where Padme has an affair with Jar Jar Binks hence making him the father of Luke......

quote:

The only thing that could spoil the film now for me is if there's a storyline where Padme has an affair with Jar Jar Binks hence making him the father of Luke......

Aaawk! I just felt my stomach lurch into another dimension. I really needed that right before lunch. Not.

Blech!

quote:

Yes, but 'Star Wars Episode 2: The Clone Wars' doesn't sound as bad.

I thought that this was going to be the title originally, why would Lucas change it?

He may be becoming a bit too much the marketing man, he has forgotten about the movie itself, he just wants to market all the knock-off stuff. you know the Taco Bell Toys, the lunch boxes, and all that other garbage.I just hope he doesn't take on advertisers, I hate movies with those stupid little Taco Bells and crap off to the side where they have no place in the story, but are put in anyway!!

Kind of like the song send in the clowns...

Star Wars Episode II : Send in the Clones!

I think the Tatooine sun is getting to Mr. Lucas' brain... oh well, I have since converted to Star Trek anyway...

At least it has some kind of moral message in every show, instead of "jedi" practicing voodoo or whatever.

quote:

Originally posted by $iLk:

I think the Tatooine sun is getting to Mr. Lucas' brain

Don't you mean Tatooine suns?

Oh my God, now I sound like a really sad individual.

Don't worry man, I used to know all the stuff like Tatooine is a binary star system and the suns rotate around each other and Tatooine rotates around both...

I used to be into Star Wars till they sold out the integrity of what it used to be to make a bunch of cheesy novels and alternate story lines and Episode I that conflicted with the entire preset universe.

Oh well...

Those cheesy novels are awesome I love the X-Wing Rogue/Wraith Squadron series they make good reading material. Anyway Lucas is a genius with the way he markets it I think it's a retarded title but lets just think who cares about the title I want the movie to be good. I didnt mind the first movie so much I liked the Lightsaber duels and Jar Jar did make me want to go postal but I cant wait for the second movie and honestly you all will be there too.

Don't lump all the cheesy novels together. Yes, there is some cheese out there. But you'll never convincing me that T. Zahn's "Heir to the Empire"/"Dark Forces Rising"/"The Last Command" trilogy is cheese.

Now if only we could see Grand Admiral Thrawn in a movie. I wonder who'd make the best actor to play him?

Guest Ninja

From the rumblings I've heard, Jar Jar will be in the movie from a small part....like maybe one or two scenes. As I understand it, the Clone Wars will not happen during Ep II, but will begin after Ep II is over and will be ongoing during Ep III.