Movies: Shallow Hal

Outlaw

The lady bought the sound track last night and noticed that the dance tracks from the movie (in the middle of the film - the part where he was dancing in the club with the chics he thought were beautiful) are not on it!! Does anyone have any idea the artist of that particular dance track and was CD its on?

OK you lazy bastards. The first person to give me info on the dance tracks played in the movie nightclub (see above) and which are not on the soundtrack CD, gets a free copy of BCM.

So far, everyone I've asked, doesn't have a clue. It seems as if the music played at the disco are not on the soundtrack. That in itself I consider to be a rip off.

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

OK you lazy bastards. The first person to give me info on the dance tracks played in the movie nightclub (see above) and which are not on the soundtrack CD, gets a free copy of BCM.

So far, everyone I've asked, doesn't have a clue. It seems as if the music played at the disco are not on the soundtrack. That in itself I consider to be a rip off.

I agree with you SC it is a rip off and it happens ALOT they tend to miss the best/most popular songs when they do soundtrack CDs however having not seen the film i can not advise on where you can get a copy(and I'd really love that copy of BCM)

quote:

Originally posted by salisbury:

Okay SC-

I haven't seen the movie but... I know of one song that is in the movie that isn't on the soundtrack just because I am a big CAKE fan. It is COMFORT EAGLE by CAKE.

....and how do you know this? I've never heard of CAKE. Do they do dance tracks? I ask because these tracks I'm talking about were playing during the nightclub scene when Hal was dancing with the ugly chics he saw as beautiful.

I know that the song is in the movie because I read it on a CAKE page somewhere (and my roommate just confirmed it). Alas, I just talked to my roommate who saw Shallow Hal yesterday, and he said that the song was not played at the dance and was played more toward the end of the movie. Sorry.

quote:

I've never heard of CAKE

Come on you have to have heard of: Short Skirt Long Jacket, Going the Distance, Sheep Go to Heaven... any ring a bell?

[ 11-17-2001: Message edited by: salisbury ]

i dont know what the music sounds like, but i might have found somthing (i dont know) if some one could look at the tracts on the cd and see if this is on there. if not this could be it. any way if its not sorry, gave it my best try.

quote:

Hootie Frontman Gets Movie Role

Hootie & the Blowfish frontman Darius Rucker has landed a part in the new Gwyneth Paltrow movie. According to the syndicated Hollywood column, the Farrelly Brothers, who brought us such gems as Something About Mary and Dumb & Dumber, have put Darius in their new movie, Shallow Hal. The Farrellys are big fans of Hootie, and have been pals with Darius for a while. They cast him as a maitre'd in one scene with the movie's star, Gwyneth Paltrow, but fans might not recognize him. Saying he was tired of being, quote, "a fat hippie," Darius has slimmed down, and shaved his head and goatee as well.

Darius will re-record a track from his forthcoming solo CD, The Return of Mongo Slade, for inclusion on the Shallow Hal soundtrack. Meanwhile, he plans to launch a solo tour soon, and he's already started writing songs for the next Hootie album.

mongo slade? does it ring a bell anyone????

i found this atweb page

[ 11-17-2001: Message edited by: warreng ]

I just found an interesting reference in a usenet forum that indicates that the missing song might be by Barenakedladies. Here's an excerpt from Google:

quote:

We recorded four new songs and chose two ["Thanks That Was Fun" and "It's Only Me (The Wizard Of Magicland)]. We have two others sitting around. Last I heard, one was going to be used in that "Shallow Hal" movie, called "I Can, I Will, I Do." The other one, we really like, and we will probably save that for the next record.

[ 11-17-2001: Message edited by: Steve Schacher ]

quote:

Originally posted by Steve Schacher:

I see in the movie credits that original music is credited to a group called Ivy. I don't know who they are, though.

The songs I'm talking about are not the theme song. They were two dance tracks played in both disco scenes. The one I'm interested in (definitely not by Hootie and co) is sung by a female lead in the second disco scene where Hal was dancing with ugly women he saw as being beautiful.

quote:

Originally posted by Steve Schacher:

I just found an interesting reference in a usenet forum that indicates that the missing song might be by Barenakedladies. Here's an excerpt from Google:

[ 11-17-2001: Message edited by: Steve Schacher ]

Well that doesn't help. There is no indication of what it is we seek.