New Babylon 5 movie next weekend

Guest Hellbinder[CE]

Guest Hellbinder[CE]

Sci-Fi channel is launching a new B5 movie based on the Rangers.

Its called Legend of the Rangers and plays Saturday January 21st at 9pm (pacific time I think.)

Now that Sci-Fi channel owns the rights to The B5 franchise We will probobly see a lot more projects in the future. Sci-Fi is hurting pretty badly on Friday nights. They dont have a hit currently other than Farscape. I know they hired the Director of the X-Men movie, Brian Singer to develope a new BattleStar Galactica series. that Show Premiers next Fall. I get the distinct feeling that Sci-Fi is testing the Rangers for a new B5 series. would that be a great Fiday Night Line-up or what? Farscape, BattleStar Galactica, B5 Legend of the Rangers.

The previews from B5 LOR looks just sweet. I am really looking forward to it.

[ 01-14-2002: Message edited by: Hellbinder[CE] ]

Farscape was good only in its first season, when Chrichton was just a poor SOB with one hell of a confusing life.

Then they messed it up by making him the leader, started humping all the females in the crew (mainly the peacekeeper), and became a RAMBO type guy.

Happens to all US made series. B5 surprised the heck out of me by actually staying true to a plot..maybe because it was all written far in advance. But humans in the series are definetely static, bland and very predictable... I think only garibaldi's character changed throught the entire storyline.

Thank heavens LEXX is Canadian

As far as I know, Farscape was written far in advance, but even if it wasn't, I must say it is still a great sci-fi show, even in whatever season it's in now. The "poor SOB being lost in the middle of nowhere with a crazy crew", only gets so far. Eventually the plot line gets repetitive, and any goals of the crew disappear. The story eventually had to narrow down to actual goals, such as John (Chrighton) stopping the evil people, getting home, etc. He can't be a wussy fighter all of the time, and he did develop from a weak human avoiding combat, afraid of everything, to someone who can actually fight. Being hunted by everything in the universe makes you HAVE to learn to fight. Besides, constantly hiding from people gets REALLY boring, REALLY fast. Might as well have some action. And in response to his relationships....a guy had needs. Anyone wanna argue with that?

quote:

Battlestar rebirth has been shelved. Singer was yanked away to focus on XMEN 2 and the Galactica rebirth has been postponed if not outright killed.

Some things are better left dead and buried...

Battlestar Galactica, while it was amazing for it's time, is p-a-t-h-e-t-i-c compared to modern day story lines. Even the worst of the new Star Trek or Farscape episodes beats the best of the BG episodes.

quote:

Heathen ...

I didnt like Farscape to start with. I couldnt get over the muppets in space concept, but once the crew became more comfortable with eachother, It kinda grew on me. My next paycheck that I can offored to blow on luxuary crap will go on DVD episodes of the first series.

That could be a while tho ...

eh, I think Farscape rocks... that and Stargate SG-1...

If you don't agree with me, well then sue me!

However I'm also looking foward to the B5 movie, unfortunaly I haven't seen the last 5 epsisodes of B5 or the last movie... they bloody don't have them at any of the video stores near me.

quote:

Originally posted by Gomez:

Battlestar Galactica, while it was amazing for it's time, is p-a-t-h-e-t-i-c compared to modern day story lines. Even the worst of the new Star Trek or Farscape episodes beats the best of the BG episodes.

BG always reminded me of Logans Run ... or was it the other way around? Anyway, great concept but crap storylines with absolutely zero plot development. Which now I think of it reminds me of the Dukes of Hazzard ... aarrgh

Ahh, but Logan's Run had the advantage of being a good movie first, before it was turned into a mediocre (at best) series...

BG was never really good, even in it's film debut.

BTW, if I was being called a heathen for some view point on Farscape, I think you misread my message I was referring to BG, not Farscape. If however I was being called heathen for my views of BG, then fine, okay

Farscape is alright. It's no B5, but it's alright

Guest Fox__Trot

Yep the entire B5 serries was writen then filmed so it was like watching a movie released weekly... *Sigh* Battlestar galactica was good for its first season then there budget got cut and cut and cut then there fan base went and it was over.... I wouldt mind a rebirth oh well.. as for farscape I never liked that serries or Lexx for that mater.. Just my oppions if you dont like them save it for multiplayer

Lexx has an incredible background story (and the movies were very good). The TV show is just plain entertaining, following the guidelines set by the story and the movies.

"Brigadoom" episode was a masterpiece imo.

Lexx? What show is just plain psychotic in my opinion! Love-slaves Light and dark universes little alien probes that look like carrots with legs and a robot head thats in love with a walking corpse... *shudders*

I guess it being nutty is the reason you like it Tac?

Lexx, LMAO

That kills me that you guys actually get that show. A good friend of mine is in house counsel for the production company, Salter Street Films, that does Lexx. Up here in Halifax, Nova Scotia. Its about a four hour drive from where I live.

Personally he hates the show, I get a bit of a kick out of it. I've been trying ot get a cameo as a "star trek redshirt" type just for the hell of it. I told em to call me when they need someone for the cannibal girl to eat. I told him i'd do it for free just for the laugh. They used to use a lot of locals for the bit parts but are filming more oversesas now on location for various planets, my career in tv doesnt look to promising.

I'll let you know if I ever get on.

Cheers

Guest Hellbinder[CE]

Ok im halfway through Legend of the Rangers....

All I can say is....

WHAT THE He** were they thinking???? Ninja woman jakie chans the weapons con? You have got to be kidding me! This is supposed to be a 20 year old ship anyway! This has got to be the worst excuse for a B5 movie I have ever seen. Its like they are trying to remake B5 after the origional Captain Pike Star trek, with a little Hong Kong Cheese thrown if for good measure.

I can see now from the entire presentaion that this is intended to be a new series. While I like the crew for the most part, I just cant cope with the Ninja Woman Weapons Con....

Sheesh......

[ 01-20-2002: Message edited by: Hellbinder ]

Hey, it lay off B5. In the original B5 series, the first episodes were criticized a lot too. The new series needs to start somewhere. Give it time, it'll get better.

Yes, the weapons con really, really, REALLY sucks. The rate of fire should be connected to the ship, not to how fast the person can move. Maybe it'll be explained later. Other than that, I thought the premire was pretty good for a first show. Weapons con sucks, but it looks like they put down a good foundation for character development, as long as they carry through with it.