Night at the movies - Resident Evil

Supreme Cmdr

I saw RE last night. In lieu of the fact that every other game-based movie ever made has sucked, I was expecting nothing less out of this one. All told, however, Resident Evil rocked! Not just as a movie-adaptation of a game (Which it did very, very well), but as a movie in it's own right. Sure it's kinda far out, but it was very true to the game. Even the city and corporation names were the same! Best of all, it was even somewhat difficult to tell who would die and when. Even the predictable "jump" scenes made you jump (Or squirm, as it may be), despite the fact that you could see them comming a mile away. And, you get to see Milla Jovovich's

quote:

Originally posted by XenoZohar:

....all I'm going to say is: You DON'T jump-kick zombie dogs. Period. End of discussion.

Load of crap. Whether you are a fan of the RE series or not. I'm done.

I agree. But the stunt looked cool

quote:

Originally posted by Outlaw:

Stay tuned for Blade 2!

I've heard that while good, they've succeeded in turning it into a gorefest. I'm not into gore and will probably skip this one on opening night until someone gives a mini review.

Yeah I read part of the script for Blade 2 on IGN and the reviewers said it would include a lot of gore. I hope Blade 3 would end it well since it was originally intended as a trilogy. I'll give my review when its all over.

All in all a thumbs up...though I'm not a tremendous fan of zombie movies...

The special effects were good...wish there had been more...the plot was pretty good...it kept my attention because I didn't really know the storyline...

And there were a few twists and turns which added to the suspense...

I'd give it a 7/10...Can't wait for Blade 2, it looks to be a favorite.

Guest Hellbinder[CE]

I just read an interview with the creative team behind the blade series.

There is defenitly going to be a third. Chris chistopherson is 100% returniing for the last one. and finally the big kicker.....

It takes place in the future, at a point where the Vampires have taken over the entire world. They breed human collonies for food. Blade is at this point is trying to free humanity and overthrow the Vampire World Empire.

Saw it last night with my wife... she says it's the first movie that scared her. Can't say I didn't jump a couple times too. I had that "crap that's gotta suck" feeling a couple times like when they were stuck in that one room with the lasers... ouch.

Resident Evil was excellent I thought. The jump kicking dog scene was kinda funny actually. Anyway, I remember several times thinking "these people are f**ked." That always makes a good movie and yes, the lasers were an awesome security system and I am actually planning on using that idea in a MUSH I play on.

Guest Grayfox

ok i crawled out from under my rock and seen RE tonight... pretty good. the laser scene was awesome... and the zombie eating was great. i even jumped a few times

just wished they woulda thrown in the tyrant from the vidgame... if you looked up the word "badass" in the dictionary, its picture would be next to the definition...

although i think the woman i took to see it might think im a freak now lol oh well