Night at the movies - Blade 2

Outlaw

A must see! Better than the original and hoping the 3rd will b even greater. Yes the gore is there but its appropriate IMO. The best damn comic book series adapted for the movie screen. U want "superhero-light" go watch spiderman or anything else coming soon although I will certainly see it. The Blade 2 DVD is gonna rock! Eat your heart out batman!

I thought it was absolute rubbish.

They f!cking ruined it. If I even give it 1/10, it is only because Wesley is in it and because the stunts were brilliant.

They ruined the damned movie with all that gore. I mean, seriously, wouldn't it have been better without it? Yes. Blade 1 was just fine.

With this one, I left almost an hour into it; around the part where they assaulted the night club and just after Priest got killed. At that point, the movie still had about an hour to go (it is 1.57 mins long).

And as I was walking out, there was a bunch of people doing the same and we all saying the same thing. They frigging ruined it. I went to the box office and got my damned money back and went home. Pissed.

Then my neighbor (whose brother left with me), calls me up and said that it didn't get ANY better after we left and that the confrontation (toward the end) between Blade and the moron played by Ron Perlman, was a major downer; and that the fight everyone was looking forward to, ended up with one move from Wesley that ended about 30 secs into the confrontation.

I hope it flops at the box office. That'll teach 'em to get it right the third time around.

Most of the gore was "standard" vampires catching on fire. To tell the truth, I was a little dissapointed... especially after hearing a reviewer compare it to Peter Jackson's "Dead Alive." Heh, now THAT'S gore. Hehehehe. But actually, I thought it was MUCH better than the first movie. I mean, the story wasn't just pulled out of a shake-n-bake box. Nice. Anyhoo, I like gore. It's funny.

[ 03-24-2002, 05:01: Message edited by: Scrivener ]

quote:

Originally posted by Scrivener:

Most of the gore was "standard" vampires catching on fire.

Rubbish. You must have been watching a different movie. I can't even IMAGINE why you'd say this. Thats such a load of crock.

You must think I'm an idiot and don't know what gore is - as opposed to vampires catching on fire and disintegrating.

Anyone else seen it and can attest to the fact that its gory and not just restricted to vampires catching on fire.

I watch a LOT of movies. Like most people, I do NOT like gore in movies. Period. You can get the same effect by not being as graphic; but somehow, some movies just think it sells more. I mean, I even watched John Carpenter's Vampires (with James Woods) just fine. But hated the rubbish that was Ghosts Of Mars.

[ 03-24-2002, 10:10: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]

I thought Blade 2 kinda sucked...period. The gore wasn't the problem it was just the story was kinda....predictable. Furthermore, the fight in which those two vampires brought Blade the truce looked like Celebrity Deathmatch at one point. Seriously, they looked like clay figures. As for the end confrontation, I thought I was watching the WWF there for a minute. I'm certain I saw that reaper not only perform a People's Elbow but I'm certain he was trying for a guillotine leg drop. Oh well. Maybe Blade 3 will be better.