Night at the movies - Star Wars - Episode II

Supreme Cmdr

Guest Grayfox

is there an agnostic star wars film viewer??? i thought we were all cultists in one form or another.

either you like it or you dont

Guest Grayfox

quote:

Originally posted by Commander Elio Jason:

must be great, but i'm looking forward to "The Sum of All Fears."

as am i. i need my clancy fix, and im intrerested to see how bad they translate this from the book.

quote:

Theatre work is easy. One of the best jobs a teenager can have.

Perhaps, but it's the only job I've ever had, so I can't really make a comparison. Sometimes, it makes me want to pull my hair out, but I get nice perks, so I suppose it's worth it.

Anyhoo, I'll probably pick a weekend soon after finals and see Spiderman and Star Wars in one night. That way, I only have to get concessions once. (God bless free refills!)

First one!!!! Hellz yea!

No spoilers here. If you've seen it, don't spoil it either. (I consider it a fan duty to not spoil the movie for others.)

The movie..... ROCKED.

The battles were great, the plot was decent, and the rest was pretty good still. Ups and downs, cool moments, action moments, sad, blah, blah, blah. You know.

As with all the Star Wars movies, some of the best parts of the theater experience are the musical score (with the big sound), and the crowd. From the clapping and cheering as the first notes of the Star Wars main theme play, to the cheering when you see the battles begin; you know it's going to be great.

Where some people don't like the idea of a romance story, I didn't personally care. Also, I thought the large-scale battle(s) made up for the relatively "boring" (in some opinions) scenes.

The way the villains get whooped. The way you expect the dark side to follow through. Everything is played out with Star Wars niceness. Even though Ebert says that there aren't any memoribal lines in the movie, I think it's true. (Update: Well, there was the part where Anakin goes "I hate them!", and it bursts into the Vader theme. Had a creepy touch to it. You'll understand what I mean.) But, to me most of the memories lie in the battles and action. The battles are a pretty cool switch from 'old school' Star Wars (rather than space battles with lots of fighters and ships, you have massive land-based ones, and with multiple Jedi; that last part is the best), while still keeping with the old SW ways. And watching Sith get 0wnz0red has always been enjoyable.

Tips:

1) See it in a place with stadium seating; you don't wanna have your view screwed.

2) See it when it's pretty full. The crowd reactions to the movie move it along very well.

3) Don't drink a lot before watching; if you do, be prepared to hold.

4) Get there early enough to get good seats.

5) Have fun.

I saw it on film. Now, Ebert and lots of reviewers agree that it's better digital, but I think it rocked nonetheless.

I bought tickets today, at the box office, right before the show started. 4pm show. Yep. No preorder need for me. But that's where I live. Heh. For everyone that waited until tomorrow, then good luck. The weekends are going to be a killer if you haven't pre ordered; depends on where you live, as well though.

[ 05-16-2002, 22:40: Message edited by: Cmdr Nova ]

Saw it at 2:00 this afternoon...

WOW...

Seeing it again tomorrow I think.

I dont understand what people can dislike about it. Once again the Star Wars Series has proven that it is the King of Sci-Fi on the silverscreen... Hands down. Very few movies make me want to be there.

I can honestly say that this Star Wars movie will fill my dreams along side BCM for some time to come.

Nova and James,

I live in Maryland Heights just down the road from you guys! How cool.

I am going to see the movie tomorrow at West Olive at Olive and 270. A buddy of mine saw it yesterday and said it was awesome.

Ken