Top Ten BAD Video Game Movies

Charles Lindsey

http://www.gamespy.com/top10/january03/movies/

Hehe. 10 is best and 1 is worst according to article.

10. Mortal Kombat

9. Pokemon

8. Tomb Raider

7. Resident Evil

6. The House of the Dead

5. Double Dragon

4. Final Fantasy

3. Street Fighter

2. Wing Commander

1. Mario Brothers

That entire article is complete BS! The reviewer said, "I havenÔÇÖt seen Tomb Raider," and "IÔÇÖve only seen the trailer for Resident Evil," and "The House of The Dead movie wonÔÇÖt be out until later this year" and "IÔÇÖve only seen bits of Wing Commander on cable." How can he even dare to make a top 10 list and include many titles which he has not even watched?

Is this reviewer in any way related to Shirley who says BCM sucks without even playing it?

quote:

How can he even dare to make a top 10 list and include many titles which he has not even watched?

That's why I put the rolling eye icon on my post.

Based on Dragon Lady's post I will rent Resident Evil. I have been eyeballing it in the video store just haven't gotten the nerve to rent it yet.

Mortal Kombat was ok. Better Than Dungeons and Dragons at least. Final Fantasy was decent. I would certainly put it above anything Pokemon. Sometimes I get home early and that is on. If the movie is more of the same then blecchhh. Wing Commander was ok for Space scenes and seeing stuff blow up. Tomb Raider was actually pretty good I thought. So did all my friends.

Mario Brothers. *sigh* Saw this a while back and it is terribly cheesy and overly dramatic in spots. But I think it was made more for kids. From what I remember it had a decent if thin plot but they held it together.

quote:

Originally posted by Tac:

Mario Brothers was much better than Wing Commander.

much, much better.

Heck the only GOOD thing of Wing Commander was the INTRODUCTION.

You CAN NOT compare an anime film *yes MB is anime* to a realistic film its imposible sense Anime can do stuff that a RF can't and an RF can do what a Anime can't.

imo that reviewer is full of Sh** I have watched Wing Commander found it to be a great movie.. to be it was I loved it *And I still watch from time to time.. hoping to get the dvd version of it soon =)*

quote:

IÔÇÖve only seen bits of Wing Commander on cable, as IÔÇÖm physically unable to watch it for more than five minutes. HereÔÇÖs a sample of the filmÔÇÖs snappy dialogue:

Forbes: You've got balls.

Maniac: You should see 'em.

Forbes: Mine are bigger.

Maniac: I've been told size doesn't matter.

Forbes: She lied.

Incredible.

omfg.. you mean to tell me that ass hole didn't even understand the concept of that bit of Dialog?? incridible.. Hell im 17 and even I understoud what Maniac and Forbes where talking about.. it was a common conv.. thats why they laughed after that cause they where making a small joke. Jesus christ I wish people would watch the movie before making a review about it

Guest Grayfox

the only movies worth anything on that list is mortal combat. the fight coreography was excellent... the acting was a bit slim, but the fight scenes made up for it i thought FF was well done too.

the rest of the movies blew dog. pokemon??? cmon. and i think the people that made resident evil should be brought out into a public square and hanged for crimes against humanity... terrible flick.

tomb raider was ok only because i have a thing for angelina jolie, street fighter... cmon guile was american not french!!. mario bros... i hated them as a kid and the movie cemented the fact (anyone remember the series with capt lou albano???)

wing commander... efff the best part was the broadside, and maniac.

and double dragon... wow thats going back in the archives. cant really comment on that one. havent seen it in forever...hmmm maybe theres a reason?

i think people should STOP making moveis about games and comic books. they always wind up screwing something up, and pi$$ing off the fans... kinda like the guys who convert tom clancy books into movies

quote:

Top Ten BAD Video Game Movies

Don't they mean "Top Ten ONLY Video Game Movies"?

Anyway, I thought Final Fantasy was good, despite its incoherence and vagueness (e.g. ghosts being killed with bullets and the spirits never being adequately explained). The characters were substantial and well-voiced (especially Sutherland's), and the animation was impressive. In my opinion, it's the best game-inspired movie so far.

Tomb Raider had a few good parts (e.g. the fight scene on jump cables in the mansion), but Angelina Jolie wasn't one of them. She was nothing but star power for a character that had no substance, with the notable exception of that brief scene with Jolie and Voight.

I could not have been more disappointed with Wing Commander. It was soooooo botched!

erm, we talking about the same mario brothers?

The one I saw was real humans, not anime.

You know, the one about the meteorite?

Now Wing Commander was pure CRAP. They wouldve done a much better job letting ORIGIN do the film themselves with the actual writers/developers of the games.

The one that did the movie was, I believe, the same idiot that made Wing Commander Privateer 2 : The Darkening. Which was a good GAME but its storyline, acting, cast and worst of all, in-game movies were so horrible they made me fantasize of dental surgery.

Guest Grayfox

there was a few D&D endorsed video games out there, but the movie.... oh my god... i actually stood u in the theater and cheered when that wayans idiot got killed.

and who cares if angelina jolie can act? i couldnt care if she could or not. hmmm i need to see if she needs a "personal assistant" now that shes left that loser billy joe bob or whatever the frig his name is...

oh and with wing commander... was it me, or did the Kilrathi in WC3 look 100 times better than the ones in the movie??? i found that strange.