Night at the Movies- Die Another Day

Commander Elio Jason

*shakes her head* This was my first James Bond and I have to say I was dissappointed. The scenery was great, for the men the women were beautiful. Pierce Brosnen was wonderful as ever but the action scenes were incredibly loud, confusing and generally pointless..At least to me.

I didn't really like this one. But I'm still giving bond a chance. I'll go check some of the other ones. Maybe they're better.

Try "Goldfinger" or "Tomorrow Never Dies," if you want to see more on the new bond.

Basic rule of thumb in the Bond series: Sean Connery was the best bond, hands down. His films:

"Dr. No,"

"From Russia with love,"

"Goldfinger,"

"You only live twice,"

"The Spy who loved me,"

"Thunderball,"

"Dimonds are Forever,"

quote:

Sean Connery was the best bond, hands down.

Excuse me, but the definitive Bond is, and will always be, Roger Moore. He got all the best lines, did all the coolest stuff and was just plain evil and sexist. Wonderful stuff. A total hero of mine, a role model second to none - except perhaps for Burt Reynolds.

Akuma, go watch Moonraker, Goldeneye and From Russia With Love for the best of Bond.

quote:

Excuse me, but the definitive Bond is, and will always be, Roger Moore.

I knew I liked Blades for some reason. I grew up with Roger Moore so that's who I indentify with Bond. Maybe now that I'm older I'll have to watch them all.

Saw it just earlier tonite. Thought it was really good.

That little underground place, where Q had all the old gadgets still stored... The knife boot things, the jetpack. Lol. That was kinda cool.

The movie seems to hold it's own against XXX, which I think was part of their goal. (Seriously. This movie was sooooooo action-based.)

---

Connery and Moore both had their own different trends. IMO, it was a different Bond for a different era sorta effect. Sean Connery played the "Cold War spy" game very well. While Moore did good as the next generation style person. (Well, "next generation" back then.) And then there's Pierce, who plays the modern gadget-wielding spy quite well.

I'm partial to Roger Moore and Moonraker, though.

It made $47m on opening day. The best Bond opening, ever. It even knocked Harry to the second spot (after just a week), heh.

It wasn't the best Bond, but it was very good. All action packed. And I liked how they showed the other side of Bond's humanity i.e. having him captured, locked up etc etc That made quite an impact I think.

Then there's Halle. She's moving up the ladder and I'm so happy for her. Can't wait to see X2

*jots down titles and blinks* There's a lot of James Bonds isn't there? Whoo boy and I thought watching Indiana Jones was long!

Yea! I watched Indiana Jones just last year! Whoot!

Anyway couldn't really join in the conversation anyother way...Meh...btw, did James lose his watch in this one? I was so confused by all the movings and shakings I really never noticed.

quote:

IceCold, the Spy Who Loved Me was Roger Moore's first Bond outing.

Sorry Pedantic Paddy (couldnt resist) but you will find Moores first outing as Bond was Live and Let Die. At least Im 98% sure about that fact. Can we get a gopher or something to look this up?

check out the James Bond site at:

This site

i've only been around for all of Pierce's bond films. love them all but i think "The World was Not Enough" came out pretty bad. even the title on that one.

my dad who has been aroun dto see mostly all of the James Bond films told me it was good in his opinion.

IMO hands down this is one of the best Bond films made.

now post if your ownly going to talk about the movie. PLEASE!

"Bond. James Bond." These words echo throughout the British spyland... At least in fiction...

And he takes his martini "shaken, not stirred." Why?

quote:

Vodka Martini - James Bond Style

ÔÇÿShaken not stirredÔÇÖ is specified by him because stirring with ice leaves the drink absolutely clear but Bond prefers the misty effect and extra chill obtained by shaking.

Serves 1

Vodka - 4 tbsp

Noilly Prat - 1 tbsp

Green olive - 1

Lemon twist - 1

METHOD

1. Shake and strain into a frosted glass.

2. Add the olive. Squeeze the lemon twist above the surface. Discard the lemon.

You'll not find that in any spy manual, but you did find it here, on the Official BattleCruiser Commlink Forum.....

The World is not Enough didn't do it for me, though I did like seeing M actually do something.

Die another Day is easily Brosnan's best work. Puts him right up with Connery, if you ask me. Some of the scenes were hilarious, too (I'd never laughed that hard during a Bond film before). Can't wait for the DVD.

9/10

I'd imagine word of mouth will keep this one in theatres for quite a while.