Sneak Preview Night: X-MEN

Rippen

It was a dark and stormy nightwait, scratch that.

It was a pretty descent day. Gas prices were high, people still drove like epileptic monkeys on crack, and that little boy with the limp was still passed out on the corner of Main and Newburgh. I was walking along, and a strange man dressed in black, with a dark X on his suit came up to me.

ÔÇ£Hey bub, you wanna see a movie tonight?ÔÇØ he asked.

Well, I have some stuff to do toni

SNIKT! A large blade was pointed at my jugular. Surprisingly, the blade came from the mansÔÇÖ knuckle.

ÔÇ£Let me rephrase,ÔÇØ he said, ÔÇ£you wanna see a movie tonight?ÔÇØ

ÔÇ£Yes,ÔÇØ I managed to squeak, ÔÇ£IÔÇÖll clear my shedule.ÔÇØ

So thatÔÇÖs how I found myself at the theaters that night, hanging around all these other kids who have obviously had the same near pant-wetting experience as me. And we were all clueless as to what we were going to experience.

ThatÔÇÖs when these men dressed in black came out and started herding us into the theater.

The lights dimmed and a hushed silence flowed over the crowd. ThatÔÇÖs when the pre-previews started. Ah, I though, IÔÇÖve died and gone to hell. Fantastic.

After about 10 minutes of pre-preview nonsense, the real previews came on. Nothing exceptional, with the exception of The Hollow Man, which looks like it could be cool. Curiously, there was no X-men trailer. Well, I thought, maybe next time. Then

Patrick Stewarts voice flows over the theatera preview?

Hes talking about mutants, and how some people evolve faster than othersYES!!

Opening special effects, then the words X-MEN fall onto the screenHOLY CRAP MOTHER OF ALL THAT IS HOLY YES!!!!!!!!!!

Ok, so how was it? Well, I was going into this movie preparing to be disappointed. I thought it as going to be mediocre at best. You see, I am a huge X-men fan. I loved the comic books. I have a shrine dedicated in my basement to all the comics that IÔÇÖve collected, the majority of them X-men, all in mint condition. Right, get a life you say smile.gif I watched the cartoon religiously. I was completely stoked when I heard they were making the movie. I was also dreading it. It would be so easy to mess up. I hope they do it right.

Well, I can tell you this: They did it right, and then some! Everything about this movie rocks. I mean everything. Cyclops is just what I pictured Cyclops to be (though a tad bit on the young side). Jean Grey was awesome. Rogue was fantastic, and her southern accent was dead on. Magneto and Xavier were phenomenal. Every seen where they were together had so much energy, and it was just damn cool. And Wolverine. OhmyGod!!! Hugh Jackman is Wolverine. Hugh Jackman is Logan. Every time he is onscreen he emits this wave of badassness. This man is going to be a star. The bad guys were also sweet. Mystique was so evil I hated her by the end of the movie, and the fight between her and Wolverine is just jaw droppingly cool. Ray Park, the same guy who did Darth Maul, played toad. Ray Park is definitely going to be a star playing bad guys from now on. His movements are perfect! My only gripe is that Sabertooth has been reduced to a henchman, but I suspect his true motivations will come out in the sequel (knock on wood.)

So go see this movie. You will not be disappointed. YouÔÇÖll want to see it again. And again. And again. When the movie was over, the first thing I thought was ÔÇ£I want more!ÔÇØ So hereÔÇÖs me giving to props to Fox and Brian Singer for one: not messing it up, and two: making a kick ass movie.

------------------

Cmdr. Ross "Rippen" Banta

GCV Olympus Belle

*1st Squadron, *Hell Hounds

Stationed, *Starbase Hades

"Cry havoc, and let slip the dogs of war!"

ICQ# 7311086 EST

=WRAITH FLEET=

Cool!!!

I have wanted to see this movie for over two months now. I can't wait!

Good news: Yesterday, I read in the USAToday, that the guy who plays Wolverine has already signed on for 2, thats TWO, sequels.

smile.gif

------------------

CMDR GREG 'GMAN' MILLER

ORION FLEET

FLEET EXECUTIVE OFFICER

T.B.G. NIGHTWATCH COMMANDER

TSUNAMI BATTLE GROUP

GCV - SARK

ICQ 64202480

www.orion-hq.fsnet.co.uk

'The righteous care about justice for all,

but the wicked have no such concern.'

[email protected]

Guest aramike01

quote:

OK, I guess the 99 bugs I was supposed to be fixing tomorrow, are on the back burner.

You could at least take your lap-top for use during the previews... wink.gif

------------------

Cmdr. Michael Kristophers

Spectre Fleet

Commanding Officer, Spectre StarStation

ICV-Intrepid

"You won't get the Purple Heart hiding in a foxhole!"

hehe, I'm gonna see it saturday biggrin.gif

------------------

Cmdr. Antilles

Spectre Fleet

Spectre Starstation

ICV- Eclipse

Chief Security Officer

Learning is not compulsory... Neither is survival.

Good review. I definately want to see if after watching the special that FOX had on Tuesday night. smile.gif

------------------

Cmdr ShoHashi

Spectre Fleet

Commanding Officer, PreComm Crew, StarStation New Frontier

ICV Aries

ICQ 484321

[email protected]

"Attack With Effectiveness"

My sis has been begging me to go see it.. guess I'll have to finally cave in smile.gif

------------------

Cmdr. Parias

Spectre Fleet

Chief Engineer, Starstation Destiny

ICV-Galatae

Staff member at HardNews

"Next time you're passing by and feel like dropping in, keep passing by untill you get to a river, and THEN drop in." -Jake Logan

Wohoo! Saw it today and it was just awesome. They actually did it right this time with this movie. Hugh Jackman playing as Wolverine

was right on target. This guy was just great and will be one of the most promising actors that will surely get an oscar. Rogue, Storm and Jean-Grey were hot but I definitely thought that Anna Paquin playing Rogue was just cool. I really want a girlfriend that looks just like her. Sizzling hot!! Go watch this movie!

------------------

"Live forever apes!."

Cmdr. Kron

Spectre Fleet

ICV Vanguard

As a fan of the X-Men, I give this one a 5/10 and only because of Hugh Jackman playing Wolverine.

Unless you're really dying to see it, ask someone who has seen the first 60 mins, to explain it to you, then go see the last 30 mins or so to the end.

Well at least it was better than MI2. Yawn, yawn, how boring can you get with that? I literally fell asleep watching MI2 along with my dad. Insurgents this is the best damn superhero movie ever made and the sequels are gonna kick ass! I know Cable is gonna be in the next one.

------------------

"Live forever apes!."

Cmdr. Kron

Spectre Fleet

ICV Vanguard

[This message has been edited by DarkHorizon (edited 07-15-2000).]