Andromeda viewers

Outlaw

I just wanna know how many of u people watch Andromeda every week and their opinions on the show. I think its the best sci-fi series since B5 ended and its easy to understand as B5 was unlike ST with too much technobabble. Also the tech in Andromeda is more realistic than ST. And the actors are just wonderful especially Keith Hamilton Cobb who plays Tyr Anasazi, the genetically engineered human and Gordon Michael Woolvett who plays Seamus Harper, the ships engineer. The website is pretty cool to with lots of info on the show on www.andromedatv.com. Don't forget to watch the season finale this Saturday!

I like anything sci-fi that's even halfway decent. I haven't been able to watch it every week because the local station has been playing with air times but I like it.

Tech is unique to each universe and so as long as it makes sense and is consistent I can believe it as part of the story.

I second that. Major reason it sucks is because of the acting. It's like you are watching some kind of half assed, poorly made comedy show then a sci-fi movie.

[ 05-17-2001: Message edited by: Soback ]

Well I think its great that its got a lot of humor in it like Farscape which BTW is a great sci-fi show with great acting. I mean too much seriousness and less humor kinda makes a sci-fi show too boring. Let's face it, Voyager's finally over, ST's fate continues to get worse and the next B5 movie will determine if the series will continue. To all u people here who don't watch Andromeda, give it a chance, it's only season 1 and it will keep getting better with more seasons and better plot. Watch the season finale this Saturday and you'll get hooked. Also check out the website and the BB!

I have watched the first series of Andromeda( I think we're a bit ahead over here ) and I like the series, the humour adds to the series, the acting is good, I agree Harper is a great carachter I think he is hilarious at times. Can't wait for the next series.....

I passed on that show the second I saw a commercial for it.

There's B-5, then there's Max Headroom, then there's everything else...

(Oh, and yeah, Farscape is pretty up there as well)

I decided a long time ago that I was not going to have cable, I save $40.00 a month and there is still nothing decent on. I watch Voyager on Wednesday night here and that's about it, rest of the time, I am either working or on the internet, or spending REAL time with my family.

Hehe, I've got to have cable.

ESPN ... ESPN2 ... Fox Sports Net ... NBA on TNT ... NBA on TBS ...

OK, fine, I'm a sports fanatic. So shoot me.

Besides, the Brewers are doing great, the Bucks DID great in the regular season, kinda up against the wall right now, but still... Also, gotta watch the Green Bay Packers.

Yes, I'm off-topic. Oh well.

[ 05-17-2001: Message edited by: aramike ]

farscape sucks too.

In all honesty, im dumbfounded to find a good tv series like LEXX and Babylon 5 on tv these days.

Voyager must end soon.. the ship will come home, chicote must die, we get to see 7of9 naked and of course, belona and paris have a kid. Its so predictable you may qoute me on that.

quote:

Watch the season finale this Saturday and you'll get hooked.

I've already seen it. What happen is that the Andromeda [CLASSIFIED] his [CLASSIFIED], and because of that, she [CLASSIFIED] and [CLASSIFIED], and finally she and the crew [CLASSIFIED]

The only thing I'll really tell you is that there is a cool shootout.

I think it's workable for a Roddenberry first season. Go revisit first season episodes of ST:NextGeneration and they are like fingernails on chalkboards. Gotta remember that Majel has deep pockets and is willing to pound sand down ratholes (see: Earth Final Conflict). They should kill off the annoying Trance Gemini character though; send her to a dark dark place where they should have sent Wesley Crusher after his first season.

However, if I had cable and therefore Farscape (vastly superior writing), I wouldn't waste my time with Andromeda.

$.02 . Kuh-ching. Thanks for playing. Next, Please.

(p.s.- I really miss Space:Above and Beyond.)

Andromeda has to be one of the worst acting jobs I've seen, actually...

Normally, being a police officer, I wouldn't agree with the Insurgents, but I'm afraid I really do acquiesce here.

Really, if Mr. Roddenbury were buried in a grave rather than floating around somewhere in orbit, he'd be turning in it.

I like the show, although some of the story lines in the first series where complete pants, or just carried badly (I can't work out which), although their were one or two good ones too. the ship seems ok and Alexia Dagg is a nice pick me up.

You guys watch TV for good acting? Strange!

Actually I like Andromeda for its original ship design, interesting time travel story and sense of scale. Also the problems of a self conscious ships AI are old staples of written SF, nice to see them acted out.

Not a great series, but it is young, lets see where it goes.

I watched the first 3 episodes and have since watched it only when there was absolutly nothing else to do.

To me it's just Hercules in space. Kinda sickening.

Maybe as the show matures it'll be a nice piece of work but for now, just keep watching re-runs of B5 or ST.

[ 05-21-2001: Message edited by: Karl Wolf ]

I'm noticing a pattern here, some(I'm not going to say most or all) of the people who are saying they don't like the series are comparing it to Hercules, I know Herc was a fairly dire series(some of it was good) I think Andromeda is a lot better, but I think it should be evaluated on its own merit not based on Sorbo's past adventures. Andromeda is nothing (or at least very little) like the Hercules series and shows a fair bit of promise.