The NEW Enterprise

Korono Lakeela

That actress you're talking about is the co-star in Becker now. And she is even cuter without the tattoos or scales or whatever they are.

BUT, I still say 7 of 9 is the HOTTEST of the bunch, I like my women FULL figured if you know what I mean!!

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Harlocke for enjoying my view on the Enterprise.

As to the rest:

"When I mentioned Dr.Who I was simply trying to relay that imagery is not everything."

It got buried a bit but I did reply that it's about how you tell your story.

"you must have not watched enough DS9"

Watched up until Odo found his home planet and maybe a bit after. Was that enough? Dunno.

"I take it you hated Babylon 5 as well."

Never said I hated anything. I loved Babylon 5. Good beleivable aliens, good tech, good plots with lots of scheming, good actors.

I try to watch Earth: Final Conflict but most often miss it. Don't get very good reception either. Now I don't even see it in the local listings. But the few times I saw it it was interesting.

"And why must the cast meet 200+ alien species to make it a good trek?"

They don't. But when they do its interesting. Next week they are going to show the 2 hour one where the Horogen (sp?) are using the holograms as hunting targets. If that isn't a discussion on minority rights or human rights in general I don't know what is.

"Did you miss the real points Rodenberry was making?"

Must be missing the ones you are seeing. Please explain.

I see exploration, expansion of knowledge, a better future, resolving differences through diplomacy. Stuff like that.

DS9: didn't like much.

Voyager: Loved it.

We'll just have to politely disagree on this one.

Down Hormones.. DOWN! Stay!

Charles, I dunno, the ship in this new series is really more modern looking in my view. Like I said, I'd put it between TOS and TNG. In all honesty, look at the ship that Picard commanded before the Enterprise.. the one with the engines above and below the ship. Now THAT looks like a ship belonging before the TOS

MAn you guys act like five year olds. Nothing here is set in stone. They may go back and change it after they start shooting. I you watch Star Wars Episode 1 the Naboo Starfighter looks a heck of a lot more advanced than the X-Wing. And if you don't like the show TOUGH. They don't have to appeal to a few little kids they think about the general public. I liked all of the Star Trek series ALL of them. That's my point. So what the ship looks too sleek. Put a coat of drab white paint on it and it looks OLD. And maybe with the Aikra they brought that old design back. You guys have to think outside of the box. you need to be more open minded. You guys just puttin' the show down doesn't mean anything to the producers. Just keep an open mind and watch the show. (throws popcorn at the "antagonizers") Now sit down.

From what I gather there is supposed to be a time rift war in the 29th century and sometimes this spills out into the 22nd century which will/can change the historic timeline so the trek history you think you know will not be in this timeline.

As SF goes this is a good crutch and maybe, just maybe this series will be one of the better trek efforts.

Lets give it time and not just one episode but the entire first season before we rush to prejudge. It takes time for any TV series to get its legs.

BCFreak,

Berman and crew have the money to be a "little" more creative than the Akiraprise. This new show should be a forum for ideas and interest. I mean come on, it is not THAT hard to develop an acceptable old style ship. Sleek or not, that doesn't matter, but COME on...is it really that important to save the money on development time by just copying an existing design. I mean, I know the Enterprise D had the same concepts as the Old constition, saucer, struts, nachelles, but it was very much different. This old ship is an EXACT replica of a ship in existance with a different paint job. I man s+it man, I could sketch a better design on a napkin.

[ 07-14-2001: Message edited by: Korono Lakeela ]

Well BC freak, I am not a 5 year old, I am 36 and can remember the original series, sitting at my grandparents house surrounded by cousins, just waiting for Star Trek to come on. It was a great show, TNG was pretty darn good too, DS9 was good for a few seasons, but then went into the dumper, and Voyager was good for a few years, got bad and then got better again.

This show sounds like it's gonna try hard, but Roddenberry had no input into this show, it will NOT be the same, and I'm very afraid of what they are going to do to it!!

I will give it a season, but I will go in knowing that it probably will be a sad shot at greatness. close to target, but never on target. We will see.

I like Scott Bakula, liked Quantum leap, so I am willing to give it a chance, but WE SHALL SEE!!

And 7 of 9 is, was, and forever shall be, the greatest Star Trek female of all time!!

quote:

Originally posted by Jaguar:

And 7 of 9 is, was, and forever shall be, the greatest Star Trek female of all time!!

and with that Jaguar closed the holy trek bible, to never be read again...

Amen brother..

[ 07-14-2001: Message edited by: Herro YuY ]

I have an explanation for the next-first Enterprise looking like the Akira, Since the USS ENTERPRISE NCC-1701-E went back in time in FIRST CONTACT and did make contact with several humans then, there were several instances where Starfleet Databases could have been compromised and the image of the Akira could have been seen...

Maybe Lily or whoever it was that was crawling around stuck a few isolinear chips in her bra and snuck off the ship with them?

Or maybe one of the escape pods crashed and spilled out a bunch of technology? Or maybe Zefram cochrane, during his conversations with the crew, was able to uncover further "evidence" from them and drew a picture of what he remembered...

Or as seems to be the popular theory around here now, Seven of Nine fell through a dimensional rift and her hoohoo's knocked the Space-Time continuium off it's axis and now the past is the future and the future is the past?

All equally plausible theories...

quote:

Originally posted by $iLk:

Or as seems to be the popular theory around here now, Seven of Nine fell through a dimensional rift and her hoohoo's knocked the Space-Time continuium off it's axis and now the past is the future and the future is the past?

I like that "explanition/theroy"

• 2 weeks later...

personally, I'm not crazy about the idea of rehashing a model that was used in a previous show, or a design of a ship that is clearly out of place (in my opinion) of the time line in question. The Phoenix was a heavily modified ballistic missile with retractable nacelles to allow it more aerodynamics for achieving orbit.

I'm really not sure of when the show takes place after the events in 'First Contact', but I'm pretty sure that the 'evolution' of the ship designs in Star Trek went from Cylindrical hull designs, to spherical 'saucer sections' (as seen in the Pasteur (from 'All Good Things..." which was a recommissioned pre TOS era ship)) to the now familiar dish shaped saucer sections, and then the more streamlined 'neckless' designs, like Voyager and the defiant, akira, etc.

I, for one, believe that the ship should look more like a ship that had preassembled parts that were ferried into orbit, assembled and launched. That way, I think common sense would dictate that the ship would essentially look cylindrical, and therefore more true to the era in which the story takes place. A very good friend of mine designed a ship which takes this philosophy and I am currently creating it in 3d with all the amenities, shuttles, interiors, working airlocks and comprehensive and realistic instrumenation and crew stations with believable treknology for that era. It's actually a huge project, and I am getting nothing for it...except perhaps eventual notoriety in the 3d community. If any of you have ever visited Scifi arts before it disappeared, you may be aware of my ISD project.

Anyway, hopefully the story will be good. I know I will give it a chance as I give almost everything...at least once.

Afterall, anyone here who is a B5 fan must agree that the pilot was horribly plastic in nature (all of it) but those of us who stuck it out were rewarded by it's rich story arc and excellent acting...not to mention the realistic newtonian flight dynamics of the ships. I love those Furies!

By the way, I recall (it seems ages ago now) that someone made a comment about hoping this took place during the Romulan Wars....I believe it does.

My fingers are bleeding!

In keeping with the story line, from what we have seen in TOS, Earth first met the romulans in war fighting in small rocket type craft, with no transporters, no viewscreen, no technology hardly, just atomic based weapons, and rocket craft like in First Contact. Now according to this show's story line, they haven't met the romulans yet... yet they have an Akira already... hmmm...

The hoohoos theory is becoming more and more plausible........