Matrix rant

Herro

Hmm, I was reading the previews for Matrix 2&3 (here) and all I have to say is... awesome! But somethings missing... The original Matrix was something no movie producer made, the special FX were phonomanl, the story was great and over all it set a new perspective for us all in this world...

But its been 3 years since the movie came out, and during those years, the matrix has been deprived of its dignity. There have been countless movies each copying the films once classified "unique" special FX, each movie each time degreading the movie of what it was worth.

3 years ago, hearing of a sequal of the Matrix would have been one of the greatest things that could have happend... Now i'm not so sure, of course the movie(s) will be great! But it wont be as goodas it should be, because of the movie industrie imitating the films, thinking they will have the same success as the films with the "origional" ideas.

I'm sure Matrix 2&3 will have a huge success when they get relessed to the theters, but they wont be as successive as the first film...

What are your guys thought on this?

whether it's 'just as "good" as the first movie' is a matter of opinion. Unfortunately opinion means very little in this day and age, when movies with no plot, lot's of car chases and the occasional boob shot consistently remains in the #1 slot for weeks...I'm a cynic.

I long for more intelligent movies, like 12 Monkeys, the Usual Suspects, the Sixth Snese, Unbreakable, Snatch, Seven, etc.

As for Sci fi movies, I just wish they would make movies of the calibre of Stargate (where the 'Aliens' speak NO ENGLISH) and the story is the driving force behind the film. Nice effects should only be used to add punch to the plot, and not be the reason the plot is there in the first place.