ST: Voyager Series/Season Finale

LordDavid

Just finished watching it. IMO it was a wee bit cheesy. The borg queen watches a large screen TV ? Interesting..... I liked the series finalies for The Next Generation and Deep Space 9 a little bit more. During the show, there was an advertisement for the next Star Trek seriese titled "Enterprise" with takes place before TOS when warp technology was new. Hopefully it will be better than Voyager.

[ 05-24-2001: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]

Well, I have to say, I enjoyed it!! I have loved Voyager, it is the ONLY show I watch, every wednesday at 9:00 has been MY TV time!!

I am very sad to see it go, I really enjoyed it, but, cannot wait to see how Scott Bakula does as the captain of the new series, but I am afraid that it will probably flop, 200 years in the past, come on, we want to see new!!

THE ARMOR WAS KILLER!!!!

Yea one of the neat things was that armor, lol the borg queen kept on losing her body parts, I thought that was funny.....

I will miss it and I hope "Enterprise" will be better then ST:V...

Woah, that armor was cool And the Klingons didn't seem to have it on their ships so maybe in the future the Federation has an advantage on the other races? But there's something weird with this episode, what about the Borg Queen dying? Isn't she supposed to be in the Star Trek : First Contact movie? And if so, why haven't the Federation put the armor technology on all their warships (since the future janeway brought it back from the future)? Anyways, I guess they have so many script writers that some may happen to conflict from time to time. That's one thing I liked with Babylon 5, the consistency of the story.

Anyways, a good last episode though I wished the ending wasn't so rushed.

quote:

Originally posted by Tekrebel:

Woah, that armor was cool And the Klingons didn't seem to have it on their ships so maybe in the future the Federation has an advantage on the other races?

In Deep Space Nine, towards the end of the series, relations between the Federation and the Klingons became very strained. Also, if you'll recall from the ST:TNG finale, the feds and the klingons were not on speaking terms anymore. Since the uniforms from the TNG future and the voyager finale future are the same, we can deduce they take place at the same time and, thus, the feds and the klingons ain't sharing tech anymore

quote:

But there's something weird with this episode, what about the Borg Queen dying? Isn't she supposed to be in the Star Trek : First Contact movie?

First Contact takes place (chronologically) before the Voyager Finale. This means that, although the Queen died, she most likely made a copy of herself and left it at their home base.

quote:

And if so, why haven't the Federation put the armor technology on all their warships (since the future janeway brought it back from the future)?

They probably did, but Kim is such a wimp he didn't use it. Two Klingon battlecruisers firing on a little wee shuttle and all he used were his phasers? Let loose the quantum phasic torpedoes, ensign, and damn those klingons!

quote:

Anyways, a good last episode though I wished the ending wasn't so rushed.

I'm with you on that count bro. I wish they'd made it a 2.5 hour movie, quite frankly...at least let's see some reception at Starfleet HQ. I know we saw it at the beginnning but it didn't satiate me. And I was hoping for a more in-depth Wolf 359ish battle when the Sphere came out of the wormhole thingy. Aw well.

[ 05-24-2001: Message edited by: Gryphon ]

Guest Shingen

I missed it!

But I think it's on again Sunday, so I hope I get to see it then. Don't tell me if they made it back or not!

I enjoyed it (although I was afraid that having 2 Janeways in the same location would rupture the space-time continuum or something). But yeah, the ending was too abrupt! Would've been nice to see what the hell happened after they got back...

I guess I should have known the final would have something to do with time travel. I seem to remmember an episode where a future federation timeship was wining about all of the problems Janeway caused in the the timeline or something to that effect.

I'm guessing that with the armor deployed, phasors can't be fired. In fact to fire torps a section had to slide back. I'm also guessing that the armor might be experimental and not equipped on all ships. I don't remember seeing the stuff on the hull of the Rhode Island that projected the armor.

Guest $iLk

I think they kind of rushed it to a close too quickly, romantic relationships, birth of Tom's baby, and subplot of Borg Queen and Tuvok's disease all get shoved through in the last episode.

And what about the Borg Queen, remember the borg had a time transmitter that could transmit through time, so that explains how she could have survived FIRST CONTACT because she was still in contact with the collective until picard snapped her neck, but this time her communications were shattered before she even knew what happened and the borg sphere that was the only on that could hear her was destroyed (no doubt thinking oh $hit when it saw all those FED ships on the other end) so does that mean that all of the Borg are now leaderless and uncontrolled? Maybe even like all the drones of UNIMATRIX ZERO? Lot of stuff I didn't like but all in all was a good show.

I thought the finale was ok..not the best, but still ok. However, I also think that the finale left open a few untied ends, so to speak. For example, when Seven had to end communication with Neelix...Neelix responded that he'd get in touch with her at the usual time later. Now that Voyager is back home, how will he get in touch with it? What will go through his mind when he tries and doesn't get through to Voyager?

Also, like someone else stated in one of the above posts, it would have been nice to see Voyager's actual homecoming to Earth. What will become of the Maquis crew on Voyager? Will they be charged with their "crimes" that they were committing when Voyager was first sent to capture them in the first episode? Or will Starfleet and the Federation pardon them with the good word of Captain Janeway and all that they have been through?

Starfleet and the Federation will enjoy getting all the data collected by the Voyager in the Delta quadrant. Since it lies so far away, one would deduce that when the Federation finally gets a faster way of getting the the Delta quadrant for exploration, their data will be several years or even decades old. But at least, they'd have some idea of what to expect from some cultures and worlds that Voyager encountered. Plus, the Voyager's crew will have a lot to catch up on..after all they probably know very little of the Dominion-Federation war from the transmission they received from Starfleet.

Another interesting point is that Voyager has returned to Earth with Federation technology from the future. One would surmise that Starfleet would start to outfit their vessels with the armor and torpedo technology to counter the Borg. Only problem is, that after ensuing encounters with the Borg, they will eventually adapt. The only way I think Starfleet would be able to keep ahead of the Borg is by continually refining that technology after each Borg encounter and refitting ships after each account to keep them from adapting. Only problem is that you can only refine technology so far...so eventually the Borg would become more powerful. Anyways, I'll get off my speculation box before I drive anyone crazy.

It's all quite interesting really.

With loose ends like these, I personally think that Paramount will produce Voyager films like the did with The Next Generation.

Just my two cents.

[ 05-24-2001: Message edited by: ShoHashi ]

I found the Voyager finaly too obious.

Tuvok,,, heh, in the fuchier

Tuvok was my least liked charature, becuse he was not logical, i liked spok more... Also in a voyager episode he said he served with spok, but i have seen every star trek original episode, and have never seen him...

Baloogan: Just because he was not aboard the Enterprise with Kirk doesn't mean he didn't serve with Spock. There is alot of Spock's life that isn't recorded in the original episodes, but is alluded to in later series.