Star Wars Episode II

Guest Ninja

For all you Star Wars fans out there, today Starwars.com confirmed that there will be a teaser trailer for Episode II shown with the new Pixar movie Monsters Inc which opens Nov 2nd.

This movie has been "digitally remastered" meaning it was burned off someones hard drive and put into divx format for download already...

It's a stupid name. I quit being a star wars fan because of the Episode I, and hoped to return to the franchise, but the name of Episode II just kills me. I'll wait till someone gets a cam of it on Kazaa or something.

I will however be waiting to watch the next Star Trek movie. The even numbered ones ALWAYS rule...

From what I've seen in the star trek magazines, and on startrek.com I can gather:

---------

Romulans will be involved, not necessarily the Romulan Star Empire being the baddies.

I gather it is a conflict between Romulus and Remus (the romulan homeworlds) Remus is sick of being 2nd class citizenry or something to that effect.

There will be cool space battles. And the villain will be reminiscent of Khan in Star Trek II.

We may see some drastic devastation of the Empire (just my guess) and the rise of klingons over Romulans maybe... ?

Other than that, keep an eye out for updates in the magazine.

Hehe I've got the trailer and from what I see I was pretty impressed. If you want the trailer just d/l it from Kazaa. For half a second you can see hundreds of jedi (with lightsabres) in one scene.

Oh yeah unfortunately Jar Jar Binks is still in it.

Watched the trailer... looks pretty good, better looking than Episode I at least.

Maybe I'll check it out, then again maybe not. Noticed that ATTACK OF THE CLONES *B MOVIE !!! * was missing from the trailer.

Coincidence?

Fendi, I've seen that SW "trailer" and it was a hoax. A very, very good hoax, but a hoax nonetheless. It's actually been around for quite some time.

BTW, I will NOT be seeing it. Period. Ep1 was insulting. When you look at it closely, it's really little more than a "make a quick buck" movie. SW ended with Return of the Jedi.

OK I'm sorry but I have to speak up I am one of the few (about 5 last count) that actually enjoyed Episode 1, I bought it on video when it came out and am looking forward to episode 2 when it comes out aswell. I think I was 7(maybe younger) when I saw starwars/ESB first time and I remember the fact that I enjoyed the movie based on the story it told and I liked the characters and I think for the same reason thats why I liked EP1.

Jar Jar binks is the latest in a line of comic relief in star wars series(3CPO being the first) but he did have a reason for being there in ep1 so I have to also say I don't hate the character either in fact I laughed at some of his missadventures.

So yes I enjoyed EP1 and will go see EP2 for entertainment value not to go and grumble at how bad the effects are or how well it fits in with the rest of the story line(but it is nice to see what happened that lead up to the Galactic civil war!)

It was a hoax? It kinda look look geniune to me with all the actors in it. But I also got the 'illegal' footage with Obi Wan and the guy from Cruel Intentions (Reese?) dueling.

But if you want a good hoax, check out American Jedi, Troops and Legacy of the Jedi. Now thats hilarious.

quote:

Originally posted by Menchise:

Make that six.

OK, seven. Could have BBQ'd Jar Jar, and Anakin was a whiny little brat. But the podracer scene and the final battle with THAT music were just awesome. Never saw it at the flicks, but I too bought the video.

Make that 8. It's not really what I expected especially the starfighters, damn, ugly as far as I'm concerned, Jar Jar Who?

Hey, its Star Wars take or leave it, it will still be there. It's take time for it to sink into your mind and soul. So I'm going for Episode 2.

Do you know by my calculation, George Lucas would most probably be dead by the time Episode 8 or 9 comes out. If it does, that is.

I agree the ships were badly designed none really "sat" with the star wars feel(except maybe the droid control ship).

but the film gave me exactly what I was looking for about 2 hours of entertainment and expanded on what I already believed was a great story(plus the jedi's rocked!)

I though the first one kicked, though it did have a few problems

designs that sucked, whinny brats, and one annoying ass creature named Jar Jar Binks

But i will probably see EP2 on opening night and preorder the movie ASAP

there wiull be NO ep 7, 8, or 9

thats why he allowed the books to take up the time after SW EP 6

quote:

I should've caught on that Jedis don't wear kilts.

Yes, you should.

Mind you, if Jedi Knights did wear kilts, I wonder which tartan?

MacGregor would be the obvious choice I suppose.