Big O

Joel Schultz

So, does anyone else watch Big O on the Cartoon Network's "Adult Swim" anime schedule?

I'm on my second viewing of the 26 episode series. Why? Because one, I really, really like it. And two, the ending was confusing and I'm trying to see if paying attention will make a difference. Plus, ask around here some ...

SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER

So, what exactly happened in the last few episodes anyway? Is Paradigm City some kind of Star Trek holodeck? What on earth was Angel's connection to it and Big Venus? What was happening at the end when the city faded out around Big Venus as it approached Big Fau and Big O? Why did Big Venus and Big O (along with its pilots Roger and Dorothy) merge/dissolve at the end?

In a word: huh?

Anyone have thoughts on the ending?

(Mods: assuming this is the right forum for TV. If not, please move.)

I'm sorry, but I have to rant on this. I've seen the 1st 13 episodes of Big O on the cartoon network, and then saw the first 13 episodes in origional Japanese language subtitled. In my opinion, Big O is pretty much the WORST anime series I have seen! The plot... horrible, the action scenes horribly boring (one battle scene I remember... all this suspenseful music building up a huge fight... and all it was was ONE PUNCH.. thats it.... and it was over... (yawn)). Its also horribly cheesy.

Thats my opinion, if you like it... fair enough

I prefer anime such as Cowboy Bebop (non cartoonnetwork version origional Japanese and unedited of course), Escaflowne, Trigun, Last Exile, Hellsing, etc..etc..etc.. the list goes on. I prefer practically anything to Big O

Have Fun watching it yourself though!

I haven't seen too much anime, but I did enjoy Trigun and Escaflowne. Last time I say trigun was a couple of years ago and we stayed up all new years watching the series straight through.

Never saw Big O, is it worth seeing?

Robotech is one of the best anime series IMHO,I even have the game for Nintendo gamecube,it rocks

Escaflowne was also good but couldnt see the last episodes.

Either way I readed manga far more than saw OVAs or anime series.Special recomendations go for Appleseed,Dominion tank police,Alita(superb) and ghost in the sell.