Freddy Vs. Jason

LostInSpace

Okay, there I am minding my own buisness today and along came a bus with a movie add on it Freddy Vs. Jason August 20th. Here a site with the trailer. http://www.thezreview.co.uk/comingsoon/f/freddyvsjason.htm Did they show this commercial during Pirates of the carribean? I missed most of the previews when I saw POTC. Don't know about you guys but I think Freddy is gunna kick Jason's butt. I read on another web site that the working title for the movie was A Nightmare on friday the 13th I dunno I like that title.

First impression when hearing about this idea was "oh geez what next...Godzilla vs Barney?". But I must admit it would be interesting to see play out. Kinda moot to try to determine who would win between the 2 seeing how Jason cant die due to massive regenerative capacities and Freddy cant die since hes not real in the first place. Im less curious of what the end result will be than I am about how they are making this title worth it. Will be interesting to find out what the director puts into it.

I don't dig horror movies, but it's kinda cute to see the two going at each other...

Kinda like when they did Aliens vs. Predator, heh?

What's next? Microsoft vs. Oracle? Or should we say, Bill Gates vs. Larry Ellison?

C'mon guys, it's not like this movie just came out of the blue. Fans have been waiting for this to get the greenlight for years. Yes it will be hokey and it caters to the nostalgic... but it's going to be a fun movie nonetheless. Like Jason X. Stupid, but entertaining.

On a similar note, the Texas Chainsaw Massacre remake is going to be absolute crap. The director apparently toned down the gratuitousness quite a bit to make it more 'Blair Witchy' as he 'opposes violence in the media.' Why the hell is he remaking one of the most disturbing movies of all time, then?

At least we have the House of 1000 Corpses Special Edition DVD to look forward to this October.

Well I have to say, I read this post and was like..yeah right what a joke. I love Freddy! Jason I grew tired of after 2 or 3 can't remeber. So I checked out the trailer and it does seem sort of cool....May actually drag my butt to this one.

Guest Grayfox

ok first thing,jason is gonna shove that claw hand right up freddy's a$$. cant wait to see this one. im all about cheesey horror flicks.

second, as for the texas chainsaw massacre, i didnt think it was that gratuitous to begin with... people made a big stink about about it, i went and seen it and thought "whats the big deal?" so i really couldnt care either way on that one

and third, didnt they do a comic book pitting all the best movie villains against each other??? had something like pinhead, jason, freddy, michael myers, norman bates, and the dude from shocker. that would be interesting to see... a battle royal inside a steel cage with those jokers

• 1 month later...
Guest Grayfox

lol apparently not.

im going to go see it this weekend, after i take my padawan to see pirates of the carribean... i drop him off at the babysitter and blammo!

i heard that kane hodder isnt playing jason in this one... that blows, he was the shizzy at playing jason... for an actor playing a role with no speaking parts, he did a damn good job.

hahaha

I read a review about the movie, they say it sucks. They say you would laugh where you would be supposed to cower in fear. And the movie is pointless .. a battle of the evil vs .. the evil?

.. a simple google search .. and here you have ..

http://www.cnn.com/2003/SHOWBIZ/Movies/08/...reddy.jason.ap/

quote:

In battle between "Freddy vs. Jason," there's most definitely one loser: the audience.

What was it, FHM or Stuff had ran a little column on the movie and said, even up to the end of the movie, the producers, directors, and what-not couldn't make up their minds on who was gonna kick who's @$$. So they shot two endings. I know the DVD will be able to show both endings, with the extra features and all, but how are they gonna pull that off in the theatre? The way a I read it, it appeared that they still hadn't decided even after they finished with the movie.

If you go back and rewatch all the old Jason and Freddy movies, they make you laugh nowadays because what was scary as a kid, is somewhat funny when you go back and see the cliche's

U know freddy is evil but jason only has bloodlust

I dont remember everything about freddy or jason but in my opinion the villans that make the biggest impact are the ones that started off as goodguys like the devil for example or darth vader, kinda gets you thinking.

offtopic: who do you think would win Jet Lee VS Jackie Chan?