Alien Vs Predator

XOR

quote:

Originally posted by XOR:

the other night when i was at the movies and i looked at the movie posters for the upcoming movies.... thats when i saw it

AVP THE MOVIE !!!!

Yeah been waiting for that to finally come out for some time now. The last I saw was a skimpy teaser trailer.

From what I understand - Predators built the pyramids, and earth is a hunting ground that they drop off aliens on every 1000 years or so.

It's now 2004 and they are ready to hunt again so they drop some aliens off and go at it on earth.

That's a short synopsis of what you'll learn on their website.

Remember: whoever wins - we lose.

• 3 weeks later...

I heard that the script was horrible. Let's hope they dont botch this one up too bad, cause it could be awesome if they do it right (which they won't). And all the trashy movies that have been coming out lately havent exactly restored my faith in the movie industry.

Edit: Hmm. After watching some of the stuff on the site, it seems pretty neat. Upon further thinking, I'm pretty sure it was the Alien 5 script that was absolutely horrendous. The only concern I have for this movie, is that it would be kinda hard to explain the plot behind the predators, when none of them can speak english.

Read the darkhorse version of the script... It was good, but expensive to do... FIgures..

Can't wait to see it either...

IMO, they NEED to get Ridley Scott at best to direct it... At worst, James Cameron.

Either way, it would be a winner if all they had was slime and match-sticks.

AVP and AVP2 PC, OMG...... Good days... Looking over shoulder while playing game. How pathetic.. LOL

ProX

Anyone who likes the Alien movies and related materials should read the book 'Voyage of the Space Beagle' by A.E. Van Vogt. It was written in 1939 or so and oddly contains an amazingly similar alien in a late chapter that hides in the ships duct system preying on the crew and implanting them with eggs. Granted, the method was different and there were no face huggers, most of the other elements are almost exactly the same. While screenplay author Dan O' Bannon says the alien was inspired by Geiger paintings, I firmly believe he plagerized the majority of the elements of the alien from this book.

(I'd give you an exact copyright date, but I loaned my copy to a friend.)

Just a little bit of trivia for you during my insomnia.

I'm usually not a fan of crossovers in movies, books, or even tv shows, but this one might work with the right script, director, and budget.

Thats very interesting...

I never knew. Can't say I am totally supprised though.

Don't care too much for remake/crossovers myself, however, John Carpenter's The Thing did for Sci-Fi horror what peanut butter did for bread.

Alien was a supprised turn from the 'extra terrestrial space travelers' of the 50s-60s movies.

"Mommy! Alien in under my bed, and it ate the boogyman!"

ProX

Rofl.

Dan O'Bannon wrote another movie called Darkstar before Alien. It's funny in an Ed Wood sort of fashion.

John Carpenter's The Thing scared me in a way few movies ever have. Brilliant. Oddly, he directed Darkstar as well. I love Alien and Aliens, but I've been disgusted with the mostly brainless garbage that followed them.

I hope they do the Aliens vs Predator idea justice. The Darkhorse comic series was pretty good, and I still think the computer games played in the dark with the volume up is a good way to test your heart.

I read a lot of really old sci-fi, which leads to a lot of odd trivia.

The SHEAR randomness and intensity in AVP made you 'get along lil doggy' really fast!

GAWD, I can still hear those lil toenails going 'tap''tap''tap' all around me...

*shivers*

AVP2s were a bit more scripted, but the door busting and grate bursting was non-the-less fantastic!

IMO: Two of the most intensive PC games ever made... Well, along w/ System shock and System Shock 2.

'Little ones need lots of care!'

'The many sings to us!'

*Shivers again*

LOL

ProX