I, Robot

Darklight

Hehe.

You're welcome.

From what I understand it's inspired by the short stories of I, Robot and is loosely based on them. Throw in some Caves of Steel for good measure. From what I've read about it so far, I think it will be good and stays to the basic plot lines Dr. Azimov layed out in the many stories that make up the Robot series.

Will Smith is starring as Det. Del Spooner, Bridget Moynahan as Dr. Susan Calvin, Bruce Greenwood as Dr. Robertson, Alan Tudyk as Sonny.

Another Azimov story that made it to the big screen was Bi-Centennial Man with Robin Williams. For those that are unaware.

This one will have more action than that character driven drama though.

quote:

Another Azimov story that made it to the big screen was Bi-Centennial Man with Robin Williams.

That was a very sad story. I refused to see the movie. Didn't wanna cry.

Kirby the Robot stories were pretty cute and uplifting for younger readers.

quote:

Originally posted by Sebbish:

You guys DO realize that it's just a teaser site for an
, right?

Ratz.

I hope they don't sacrifice story line for action, though. Most of the Calvin stories were thought-provoking, not action-oriented: positronic psychology, culminating in the robots analyzing themselves. Even Daneel, robot supreme, spent a lot of his time pondering facts.

• 2 weeks later...

Bad news guys... the trailer went online a couple days ago and every bit of hope I had been reserving that this movie might not suck went out the window. When it was announced I was overjoyed that Alex Proyas was attached as director. He was, single handedly, responsible for the wonderful dark, serious films (among others) The Crow & Dark City. And then they brought on Will Smith to play the lead... that is, to play a detective investigating a case where a robot is accused of murdering a human (an occurrance without precident). Now how many movies do we know of where Will Smith has played the detective/cop type... pretty much 3 quarters of all his rolls... and how many of those rolls have been campy and stupid... all of them. I hoped Proyas would keep a tight leash on the shtick-monkey but the trailer has revealed that he did not. Furthermore, instead of getting another Blade Runner (And Proyas is one of the few who could have pulled that off) we get Bad Boys in Black - Attack of the iRobot Clones. They ruined it. They bloody raped the material. Instead of a dark, serious, brooding bit of sci-fi-film-noir we get an action-comedy-buddy-cop movie about swarms of murderous robots that seem to have escaped from Pixars next Toy Story project. Thank you Hollywood for ruining yet another promising bit of classic SciFi literature. What's next, A Scanner Darkly - The Musical?