Night in front of the telly - Star Trek Enterprise

Supreme Cmdr

Guest Hellbinder[CE]

Berman has been progressively ruining the Star Trek Fanchise since the day he took over.

He does not know or even respect the source material. All he cares about are ratings and cash. Which ultimately doomed this current series. The downfall started on Voyer oops voyager which just increasing loaded up the immoral content to try to "save the ratings". Same thing with Enterprise.

Of course the thought never occured to them to make an actual series that was FAITHFUL to the SOURCE MATERIAL. That the Enterprise should not look "Cool" that there should not be transporters, or Photon torpedoes, or Phasers etc etc etc. Its all Pure BS and this show should have been canned before it started.

This should have been a faithful series fropm the start about the Dauteles (sp?) which is the actual origional Deep Warp capable ship. Or they should have started the story and revolved it around the early wars and conflicts with the Romulans.

Anything but the crap thet Enterprise has been for 4 seasons.

quote:

Originally posted by Hellbinder:

This should have been a faithful series fropm the start about the Dauteles (sp?) which is the actual origional Deep Warp capable ship. Or they should have started the story and revolved it around the early wars and conflicts with the Romulans.

Daedalus ... every USAF officer's club has a Daedalus Room reserved specifically for pilots ... not even navigators are allowed inside. Deadalus is their god of flight.

About Enterprise: the Romulans are the current topic and will probably continue to be so right up to the end of the series.

Personally, I gave up on any reasonable explanation of Star Trek history when I realized the distance from earth to the edge of the Milky Way was about 20,000 light years ... yet, that's where Capt. Kirk journeyed on his first outing. Then, in one of the last original-crew movies, they travel to the center of the galaxy ... 30,000 light years away.

Must've been going Warp-a-million. How do you reconcile that?

Need a Trekker in here to refresh us on Warp Speed. Isn't it an exponetial curve to a multiplier of the speed of light?

I didn't quite catch the finally to the Expanse/doomsday weapon but felt it was picking up with the T'pau/Trip story.

quote:

Originally posted by Cmdr Chavik:

Need a Trekker in here to refresh us on Warp Speed. Isn't it an exponetial curve to a multiplier of the speed of light?

two systems have been used. The first one was a cubed system Wf^3*c where Wf=the warp factor and c=the speed of light.

This allowed the Enterprise to reach Warp factor of 14.1 in the episode called "That Which Survives"[TOS]

Then by the "24th Century" a new system was adopted placing warp 10 as an infinite value. At Warp 10 you would occupy all points in universe simultaneously. Under the new system...

Warp 2 was 10 times the speed of light

Warp 3 was 39 times the speed of light

Warp 4 ... 102 ....

Warp 5 ... 214

Warp 6 392

Warp 7 656

Warp 8 1024

warp 9 1516

• 2 months later...

I agree,Enterprise has been somewhat disappointing, but last night's episode was a little different.

No doubt leading into the series finale.

Actually,I liked Deep Space 9.

Talk about a story line.Like the energizer bunny.

That whole season-long "Save the planet from the aliens" plot killed it for me. Not only did it kill it, but each new episode twisted the knife.

And Enterprise started out soo good too. Where's the drama, the discovery, the politics, and naval influence? Those are the things that Star Trek used to be about. Every Star Trek since TNG forgot that. Even DS9, an idea that you'd think would be completely safe from stupid season-long action-centric story-arcs, screwed it up before the end.

Star Trek is dead. Like every other form of entertainment from my childhood. Stupid people have ruined everything... and they are getting even stupider.

• 3 weeks later...

Computer:End Program.

Humm..not to bad. I thought the Will Riker/STTNG retrospect worked pretty well.

Actually,if they had done a few more shows like that,it still might be on.

I hated the last episode, Riker looked too old. And WTF was up with the characters as holograms? That not only ruins anything they said or done. I mean we have seen in ST: First Contact how the future never saw the past as it was, but as they saw it.

I loved the second to last episode. That was pretty, but it lasted too short. I agree Manny Coto should have had the Wheel from the beginning.