Alien V. Predator the movie

LostInSpace

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

Don't we already have a topic for this?

Phew, wiping the sweat off my forehead. Nope. You are right though I wasn't thinking and I just posted this without doing a search. I had just gotten off the phone with my nephew who saw the Riddick movie yesterday telling me how Kick A$. that movie was. But, that wasn't why he was calling. He called me to tell me he saw the trailer for AVP the movie. He's been waiting for that movie along time as well as I. But your memory is pretty good there is this Movie Trailers Galore. When I posted that, the trailer for AVP was just a real skimpy teaser and the offical site was even more skimmpier. However, it wasn't it's own topic. I hope that gets me off the hook (this time at least) .

Guest Hellbinder[CE]

The preview makes it look pretty good...

But...

i would rather of them made it with a futuristic setting and with space marines etc..

With the exception of the wild crazy heavy metal music in the newest trailer, I hold high hopes for AvP. Everything I've seen so far hints that it could be a pretty true to form Aliens/Predator movie. Good atmosphere, reasonably good actors, high body count... and the Synthetic Guy (except he's playing the real person this time).

My only concern is that the new trailer makes it seem a lot more Freddy vs Jason than Alien or Predator - so long as the lousy music stays in the trailer and out of the movie, all should be well with the world.

Guest Hellbinder[CE]

yes it is nice that they have the lance in there as the head of the corperation that origionally discovers Aliens on earth.

It actually (seems to) Answer a WHOLE lot of questions about why the company new to send the crew to the planet LV17 with Aliens on it in Alien. The design of the andriods etc..

Yeah, I saw the new AvP trailer at the Riddick showing and it was wicked. I did see marines in there though, so its not just Aliens and Predators.

I have high hopes for this one. God I hope they don't screw it up.

And the fact that they've been fairly low key about the movie in the first place, you know all the pre hype like star wars and the ilk. Gives me a lot of faith that they haven't screwed it up. (keeping fingers crossed).

As for the trailer music, alot of times they use music that's only in the trailer or commercials to give them more umph. Take Big Fish they used one of YES's songs "I've seen all good people" on one of the commercials but it wasn't in the movie (correct me if I'm wrong).

They way I always figured about planet LV17 (since seeing the first one when it originally came out back in '79) is that some other happless ship came across it first and had the same results but wasn't worth a movie because they got wiped out in fifteen minutes. You know the old addage "If you don't succeed, try try again". Or, the signal was picked up by company long range probes.