Stargate Atlantis..whaddaya think?

Kevin Trotter

I LOVED IT! Great absolutely great! Basically told you everything from the beginning. They found Altantis, but don't start the series off able to use every frickin thing.

I loved all the characters and am glad to see McKay away from Sam. This way you see a different side of him. A little cheesy with having Maj. Shepard (sp?) accidently sitting down. I'm just glad to see the frachise wil, be around longer.

Although I liked the actress who played Weir first, I'm not complaining. I saw it twice back to back. However I dunno what the colors on the uniforms mean. I think Weir was the only one with red (so administrator?), then there was McKay was blue (so I guess engineers?), then I know I saw teal or a yellow which may be the med staff. I dunno...

I hope they make some great games for the frachise, like first-person, Rp, kinda games. Maybe something like Republic Commandos and "team" game.

Guest Hellbinder[CE]

It was ok but there are some really LAME things about it.

The ancients were the big secret through the SG-1 series. builders of the Gates, super technology etc. Now weve gone to not only are we somewhat familiar with them, but they are not even the most powerfull kids on the block anymore. Suddenly the "Ancients" who have the technology to even wast the system lords are suddenly second fiddle to a bunch of space Vampires??? PULEASE... its ridiculous.

Secondly.. If the humans could not defend themselves agaisnt the system Lords except the salvation of the one Ancient tech they had.. How the hell are they supposed to deal with the race that destroyed them?? Heck suddenly even the Lords are a bunch of pansys. The only recourse will apparently be one Ridiculous Plot device after the next to miraculously allow the Humans with Zippo actual tech to survive. Machine guns against the race that Destroyed the Ancients? PULEASE..

I just think they evevated the series WAY to far where suddenly the ancients are even outclased. Its lame lame lame. There is way way to much "this just happened to be here at the right moment and we got lucky" stuff. Like the major with ancient DNA at the last second.. PULEASE...

If the wraith are the ancients Equals how come the ancients were the ones to buld Star Gates all over pegasus galaxy which the Wraith apparently use also???

This series is one GIGANTIC mess dreamed up by a room full of exects who want to keep the cash flowing. It has HUGE GINORMOUS plot holes and dead ends that jut dont make any sense.

But.. Well... I'll likely still watch it anyway..

LOVED IT!!!

I share basically the same sentiments as Mrxknown.

Man, those Wraith nogooders are going to be a major headache. I can feel it.

And boy, those military guys aren't playing around. They came with STA launchers and everything. Love it. Though I don't like that Robert Patrick died. I thought he was going to be part of the show. Oh well.

Echo, I think I have it on tape if you want it.

Ditto I think episode two was good and opened up some possibilities surrounding the blending of the SG team and Tayla's people. Plus Tayla is hot! that never hurts. In regards to concerns about the wraiths power I think thier hibernation, thier long battle with the Ancients have resulted in them not being as powerful as they were, dude theyve been asleep for ten thousand years! Lets se how they work it out.

The one problem I've had so far was in the third ep. (the one with the black energy thing). They sent it to a planet they called MX-something or other. Where did they get the coords? I already knew it was barren. I assume the Ancients (who built the stargates) have a database of the location of all of them. And the team between eps found it.

Why couldn't have been in a ep that ahd the team exploring Atlantis. I mean exploring the galaxy is great, but why can't we be with the team as they search Atlantis. Cause I'd like to know where they got the coords.

Hey SC, do you think you can get the rights to make a Stargate video game? It seems that you already have a lot of the engine in the UC engine. All you would need to do is add stargates to get between planets, a few new ships, enemies on the planets, etc. It would probably be mostly first-person an ground based, but it would sure be an awesome game. (hopefully this doesn't take this forum off topic. If so, feel free to move or delete this post)

quote:

Originally posted by Mrxknown:

I assume the Ancients (who built the stargates) have a database of the location of all of them. And the team between eps found it.

um, they found a database in the pilot episode and talked about it. how do you think they got the coords to the planet they went to in the pilot ep?

quote:

Originally posted by insecttoid3:

quote:

Originally posted by Mrxknown:

I assume the Ancients (who built the stargates) have a database of the location of all of them. And the team between eps found it.

um, they found a database in the pilot episode and talked about it. how do you think they got the coords to the planet they went to in the pilot ep?

Huh? I think that's the first time I missed something...Gosh I was just amazed with the nice shiny stuff...oh no I'm Resnig!

BTW Have ya'll checked out this thread from the SGA threads, I dunno what to think about it.

So far, the first three episodes are fine. If they switched #3 and #4 around, no-one would probably notice since they may not even be a cohesive storyline.

Much ado about nuthin'

Tremors was canned because it sucked - and nobody watched it. Not because Sci-Fi switched the episodes around. Its not like it was a cohesive storyline either. Damn fans.

• 3 weeks later...

*wraps himself in the cloak of geekness to speak out*

the ancients were not defeated by the wraith. They were in constant conflict with the Wraith until they 'ascended' and became beings of energy which not even the Wraith can touch.

I like the new stargate series. Sure, its more of the same stuff as SG1 'xcept the bad guys got a makeup overdose, but at least we get to see some better toys *grin* .

Too bad that they went with a spinoff instead of 'upping' the SG1 storyline. I wouldve LOVED to see the new series be about the Tau'ri & allies gearing up and going on the offensive against the gould.

*takes off geek shroud*

thats all i have to say.

• 5 weeks later...

quote:

Originally posted by Tac:

the ancients were not defeated by the wraith. They were in constant conflict with the Wraith until they 'ascended' and became beings of energy which not even the Wraith can touch.

*wraps himself in the cloak of geekness to speak out*

They were defeated by the Wraith. Without proper strategy and a tactical mind the Ancients fell easily. They retreated to Atlantis and had others go back to Earth. Possibly some people from the Peg Galaxy and the ones who went back to Earth ascended. Not ALL the Ancients ascended we know that and some did.

It's interesting that while ascension doesn't apply to just humans, but most of the ascended beings we've seen, except for those on Abydos and Anubis, were Ancients. Now it would be safe to state that possibly out of all the beings that ascended the Ancients were the most technologically advanced. But I ask, when the Ancients built the gates in the Peg Galaxy, did they see the Mist people or were they even there before?

*takes off geek shroud*

quote:

Originally posted by Race Bannon IV:

Overall impressions on the first season?

The first season isn't over yet, but the first half is done. Someone mentioned that since the SG1 crew has always had breaks since Showtime like this that is has carried over through the networks. I kinda don't like the huge gap, but as long as I get to see The Storm again before the new ones come, I'll be happy

Anyway, ditto what SC stated.

I'm loving Atlantis, and I especially like the fact that...SPOILER ALERT!

Humans are playing the part of serious villains. I'm talking about the folks from the "summer finale", episode 10, specifically. They are great villains --- doing bad things with a good reason.

I love the humor inherent in the show --- Dr. Mckay is just the best.

I would like to see more of the city itself, however.

• 10 months later...

Second Season of Atlantis has started!

What's everyone think so far? I love it, new ship, a ZPM, great stuff.

Although I am mad they reduced Ford to a recurring role (Which he basically was last year). I mean they weren't giving the actor or character anything to play with.

During second to last scene of "Home", when they were in the "gate room" and revealing what they went through, Ford was just standing in the background NOT EVEN TALKING! I blame it on the writers, they went for Sheppard as the Hero and shoved everyone else into the dirt. I related to Ford the most as a young officer. I was interested in knowing if he had any prior experience with the Stargate since he jumped backwards through the wormhole on a trip to a new galaxy.

I just hope when he does come back, for good, he's not Super Ford.

Anyway, enough of my rant. I love that they are torturing Sheppard with "guilt" or sadness over the lost of Ford. And are really milking the storyline. Imagine, the Wraith created something that feeds on them! Kinda like how the Wraith were created in the first place, kinda.

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

ok well i do know that the wraith won only because they outnumbered them like 100 to 1. and that the ancients were much more advanced than the wraith. and that the wrraith were created by the iraticus bug which atached itself to maj. shepard. and it does take quite a bit to take down a wraith. they need some zats. and mabey a few staff weapons. i wonder who the next comander of the deadulas will be.

• 1 month later...

yeah stir in the SG1 season final and this is the season to screw humanity. (provided they keep the storylines somewhat parallel as it appeasr they try).

• 2 weeks later...