TV - The 4400

Supreme Cmdr

Did anyone watch this? It is a five episode series on USA Network and for a popcorn movie, it was quite good. I didn't catch the last episode last night, but I taped it. So I'll probably watch it tonite with this week's episode of Dead Zone.

If you didn't catch 4400, when the inevitable DVD comes out, you should get it. Its, well, quite interesting to say the least.

[ 06-12-2006, 07:09 AM: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]

• 2 weeks later...

This was excellent and fortunately is a series that should return next season. The final ep was called the season finale which indicates its eventual return. What sets this apart from other genre shows is the focus on the back story. We get to see the effect of the passage of time while the 4400 were missing. We see how people moved on or were fixated on thier loved one and ultimately the disconnectedness each of the 4400 experiences.

It reminds me in some ways of Odyseey 5 the

series that was cancelled by Showtime, in that we see how how events beyond thier control affected them on a human level, focusing less on the sci-fi bells and whistles.

Between this and TNT's the Grid, we got two interesting limited series to watch in an otherwise dry summer

• 1 month later...

Cinescape magazine has announced that USA has ordered 13 episodes of the 4400 which begins shooting this month in Vancouver. With the 4400, Lost, Battlestar Galactica, Atlantis genre tv seems to be in good shape.

quote:

Originally posted by Race Bannon IV:

Cinescape magazine has announced that USA has ordered 13 episodes of the 4400 which begins shooting this month in Vancouver. With the 4400, Lost, Battlestar Galactica, Atlantis genre tv seems to be in good shape.

This is very good news. I really liked the 4400 --- very good premise, somewhat interesting characters. Can't go wrong with those. Four episodes though, not nearly enough!

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...